Help - yellow/brown leaves

Hey guys - first time here. I’m having a few issues with yellow/browning on the leaves. I believe it’s due to overwatering or to much light. Please let me know if you have any tips/suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @smh
Welcome to GN. Looks more like nute burn to me. Your plants should not have a problem with too much light, and if you have overwatered the leaves should droop.

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! @chrisj Do you have any suggestions on how I should fix this?

I am using KindSoil (1lb per gallon pot) as the base and Ocean Forest Potting Soil for the remaining space. For the water I was running tap, that may be the issue?

1 Like

Important to know the water you putting on the plants, so first thing first is to check your pH of your water and then to check the pH of the runoff. You can start eliminating from there and going forward always good to know. but I am sure your soils are great with a good balance. Have you added any extra nutes? Check out growerhouse.com for pH meters

1 Like

Welcome @smh to the network.
2 things.

1. How hot is your tent. And how low is your humidity?
  2. Tap water is a no no because the chlorine. You need to bubble it for 24 hrs with airstone to dissapate the chlorine. But like @chrisj says you really need to know the ph of the water what your giving the plant.
    It looks to me. Like your temps is in the low 80⁰- 84⁰ and your humidity is about 40%-46. And the thats causing the leaf traspiration to increase. But at the same time its having a drying effect and thats doing the burning or leaf crisping. Try less nutrients and adjust tje temp. Also WILL YOU VERIFY YOUR TEMPS for us here im curious.

@chrisj I haven’t added any extra nutrients.

@PreyBird1 My temp is 75-82F and 40-50 humidity; I’ve attached a photo for reference.

I’ll get a pH tester and start testing the water/ stop using tap.

1 Like

See i knew it. You need more humidity for that high of a temp. Either add more humidity or reduce the heat! That temp needs between 65%-70% humidity.

3 Likes

You can use tap water just get a small fish pump and air stone and bubble it for 24 hrs the chlorine evaporates. Then you can use it.

2 Likes

The lowest I can get the temp is ~70F. I could change the location of the tent; which would bring the temp to 80-87F and 70-75 Humidity?

No just buy a small humidifier.

Like this one.

Okay, I’ll get one. Thanks for the help. I’ll keep y’all posted

1 Like

Update - I got a humidifier and pH tester. I’ve gotten the humidity to 65 with a temperature of 80F. When I tested the tap water it had a pH of 7.0 @PreyBird1 @chrisj

2 Likes

Get a ph up and down kit. Ph to your media your using whatever you like. A ph kit. Or lemon juice ect.
Edit: 7.0 is nuetral. You’ll get to a point eventually when you can tell what your plant wants and it gets easier

Depending on your nutrients line your using. you may have to ph after the nutrients are added to the water.

Ok I know I am new to growing but 7.0 ph is neutral not acidic or alkaline and from what I have read by jef lowenfels ph up and down chemicals will kill any life in the soil…

1 Like

Unfortunately he already did that with the chlorine in the tap water. So at this point it’s moot. And i dont grow in soil anymore so my ph scale is a little different from most peoples because of what media i use. I didnt take that into account When i posted that thanks :+1:
And correction the scale is neutral at 7.0 you were correct there. @kkustom Didnt mean to mislead y’all. I better watch what i type. I mainly use coco coir so i go more acidic because of that. Sorry again folks

@PreyBird1 we all make mistakes. I make lots hehe its how we learn. I started growing hydro but found it gave me headaches so I have been trying to grow in living soil. Have made so many mistakes but I am getting there. This site has helped so much, it’s great to have each other to learn from. Looking forward to the day when it all falls in place. Thank you all

1 Like

Hey thankyou friend. I want to do hydro. Im just being lazy and havent done it. Im to busy breeding at the moment.

@PreyBird1 Nice on breeding… I am still working on getting my grow right… someday maybe I hope hehehehe

Update - it’s been a solid 36 hours with temps between 74-80F and humidity ranging from 55-70 (depending if I forget to fill it). I have stopped using tap water (7.0pH), changed to purified (6-7pH). The new leaves look green and healthy. Thank you for yalls help! @chrisj @PreyBird1

4 Likes