HELPPPPPP! My poor girl has looked like this for two days…

Context, I moved recently. so in my moving time I had to keep my plant outside at my moms for 3 days, it was STRIVING. I finally brought it inside now it looked like this, I also reported it, w new soil. I don’t know if it’s just in shock from the Soil, being an inside plant then going straight outside for 3 days, then back to inside. but it don’t look too good. I really need some assistance here if anyone got an idea,

7 Likes

Without being there and seeing its hard tell. From my experience a few things. Watering too much and nitrogen toxicity. Hard to tell just from pics.

That clawing is usually an indication of too much nitrogen. U said it was starving.

Wait until the pot dries up a bit and see if that fixes it. Usually when mine claw from too much Nitrogen.

Personally i hate the fabric pots they dry fast. I also didnt notice too big of a difference from plastic and those.

6 Likes

She is green and upright so that’s a good thing. Was this a sudden transition to direct sunlight from a grow light?

5 Likes

Give it a week. Sounds like it’s been through a lot of drama lately. It probably just needs to Xhale and catch up with what’s been going on. That’s a lot of stress in a short time. just feed it and water it the way you have been previous to putting it outside. Water the new soil around the outside only. you want the moisture to wick towards the roots. you can’t fix anything overnight. It takes days. Don’t panic and do a bunch of things. Just give it a little time and see what happens. If it’s getting worse in a couple of days, then revisit options. :+1:t3::v:t3:

11 Likes

Overwatered.

9 Likes

Looks to me like over watered

9 Likes

@effnercollins How’s it been going??

7 Likes

SHE DEAD AF :frowning: SO DEAD. NOW THIS OTHER PLANT HAS THE SAME LIKE SYMPTOMS, IDK WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED:(

it got so bad that we thought it was the soil and tossed it in water, it actually looked better than it did yesterday lmao.

3 Likes

@happilyretired @truthhound The Mutation too is having an issue now, basically looks the same as what happened to the big girl.

5 Likes

@TheMadFlascher
Let’s call Bob in here and see what he has to say. I don’t know what you got going on. Almost look like you have nutrients dumped all over it. And I’m pretty sure you didn’t do that so let’s see what he has to say. :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

Gosh, those plants are smoked unfortunately. I would have to say it’s probably high EC (salts).

If not, then certainly a pH issue…JMHO

11 Likes

@effnercollins I’m sorry about the troubles you’ve had with your grow. The good news is you have some new friends with a ridiculous amount of expertise in growing our favorite plant.

Ready to try again?

7 Likes

Its all part of the learning process.
I just burnt one of mine accidentally.

I made the mistake of putting up by my skylight. And touched the glass.

This is my last one. Im hoping to maybe get some clones from it.

7 Likes

@TheMadFlascher @happilyretired @truthhound @greyalien44

I put the small girl in a big pot w Fox Farm (Ocean something soil). put all the plants in that and they seem pretty happy. im one that died actually is kinda growing something new… is there hope?! would it be a bad Idea or a good idea to maybe take a majority of the stems off to just leave 2? I want seeds from it, so maybe all the stress will cause it to herm. that plant was my LAST Project Z seed, I LOVED that strain. the other larger plant in the pot is Black Jack, then we have Legendary Larry in the pot w the make shift humidity box. i hope that one mutated plant gets better, I was so happy about it.

6 Likes

Possible explanation… the fox farms ocean forest soil is fine but it can be pretty hot. Meaning it has a lot of nutrients already in the soil. If you were feeding them as well it would probably be too much for their root systems to handle.

My advice would be to flush for next week or two with 6.0-6.5 ph water. No extra nutrients. Should see some turnaround in a week or so.

9 Likes

I just now today put them all in the Ocean soil, before I made my own soil mix and I for sure made that stuff Hot by accident:/ Thank you for the tip, I won’t be feeding too much then! hopefully they all do good now, im excited for this month to come

7 Likes

For starting seedlings, Maz is absolutely correct…it’s pretty hot. What you might want to do is just purchase some generic ‘potting soil’ and mix it half/half with your Fox Farm Ocean for starting your plants and transfer to straight Fox Farm when they are ready for repotting.

There’s always ‘hope’ for an ailing plant, and again, Maz is correct…flushing will leach some of the salts from the soil…

Forgot to mention that if you plan on successfully growing cannabis, you really need to utilize R/O or at least purchase ‘purified’ water from a vending machine. Using tap water can be very problematic for too many reasons to list !

8 Likes

I have a question for you guys. Doesn’t Foxfarm have enough nutrients in it to last a couple of weeks? And if so? Wouldn’t you just water with maybe a little Cal Mag , For the first few weeks before feeding . @TheMadFlascher @Maz

6 Likes

@effnercollins Grab yourself a reliable PH/EC meter if and when you can. Having one that you can accurately calibrate is a tool you can trust your grows with forever. Also handy if you are into fermenting stuff :wink:

8 Likes

Yeah, Fox Farms Ocean has enough nutes to usually get you through veg completely.
What many people don’t understand is that all nutrients (whether from a synthetic OR organic source)
are exactly the same ions. These are all ionic molecules and in Chemistry they are referred to as ‘salts’.

Seedlings start with a very small root system. If you look at a root under magnification, you’ll see the very fine root ‘hairs’. Once you see them, you’ll understand how sensitive they are to excessive salts or pH variations…very little nutrient is required to get them growing and developing an adequate root system.

New growers tend to kill their plants with too much ‘love’…that’s why you see many seasoned growers
advise ‘LITFA’

For the unacquainted, that means LEAVE IT THE F*** ALONE

10 Likes