Hemp energy Start-ups

Hello everyone!

Lets start a conversation about Hemp energy and Start-ups working with it!

2 Likes

Hi @ivan.s

I agree. Its a very interesting topic indeed. I came across this article today which I found fascinating:

Wuhan General Group Secures Lab for Hemp and Mycelium Eco-Friendly Research & Development

CAPE TOWN, SA / ACCESSWIRE / May 5, 2021 / WUHAN GENERAL GROUP, INC. (OTC PINK:WUHN) (“Wuhan” or the “Company”), a bioceutical company focused on alternative plant-based cannabinoids and psilocybin medical research is pleased to announce the following update:

The hemp and mycelium eco-friendly R&D division of M2Bio Sciences, has secured a laboratory facility near its Woodstock office in Cape Town, South Africa. This will enable the company to continue at greater scale the development of local, 100% bio-based, bio-sourced and biodegradable packaging solutions to replace single-use petroleum-based plastics.

The team of ambitious engineers and environmental scientists are developing and testing bio-based plastics from films to foams, including composites. They are using three-dimensional design and forming with hemp-infused PLA to create unique product molds for growing mycelium foam substitutes. The research will now be conducted in a dedicated eco-friendly lab, with a mission to achieve a zero-carbon footprint. Source

4 Likes

I know during ww2 with the metal shortage Henry ford successfully made hemp plastic car parts they were amazingly strong and long lasting they still have one of the doors he built in one of the ford archives and it looks and performs as well as the day it was created not sure why his technology was shelved but I believe the world would have and still would greatly benefit mankind instead of petroleum based plastics

3 Likes