Hemp problem, CS varieties

Hi GN,
I have problem with my hemp.
He switching color for not green, to purple or yellow.
And the lower leaves began to wither. Looking for a problem, I changed water, changed temperature, changed the fertilizer and its amount.
I use peat as substrate with perlite and mycorrhiza.
The pH of the substrate is 6.5-6.7,
I noticed that it starts to happen around the second and third week of growth.
When I exaggerate plants from a collective container to individual liter pots. I have no ideas where the problem may be. Today, I overdid the next batch adding lime to the base to increase its pH, I will see if this will change something because the previous movements did not help.
have no idea where the problem is and how to solve it, so I am asking you for help.
Ahhhh changing the place of growth from indoor to outdoor to eliminate lighting also does not work.
This same varieties germinated in outdoor in ground looking good, second varieties (Futura75) also. Look as pictures.
Please help my :herb:.
Uploading: IMG_20190602_112750.jpg…]()

I

7 Likes

Calling @growopowners, @mastergrowers, @GrowOpEmployees to help out our friend, @Elephant

What do you suspect is going on here?

5 Likes

If its nutrient related, its to do with Mobile nutrients, ie bottom up. Magnesium or Nitrogen? Is fertilizer complete? pH in soil too high?

Keep the dream alive by living it!
All the best

A

6 Likes

Hi Elephant, I agree with “OldSchool” that it’s an availability to Mag and/or N to some degree. The question is WHY is it non-available? Not trying to pitch anything here but I have a superior microbial product that I’ve been using. It cures a myriad of issues in terms of molecular reduction and solubility to the plants. Let me ask: were they all propagated in the same tray or soil? Have you tested for pathogens? Can you test the soil? Have you tested the exudate? Run-off tests are commonly overlooked and can be a serious way to mitigate issues. It tells what’s coming out which tells you what’s being digested (or not) by plants. Feel free to call me. I’ll walk you through it.

Professor Dave: 203-621-4797. I’m in Golden CO.

7 Likes

Too much water, not enough nitrogen or too much water is washing out solublized nitrogen before plants can use it. Less water, more nitrogen.

6 Likes

Thank you all for feedback and help. since then it has been possible to establish that the source of problems is to over 90% too late transplanting to individual pots. I sowed the plants in the collecting container and then I exaggerated them into individual pots, shown in the pictures.
I did so much seeding and I did not let them overdo it, which caused them to expand the root zone, too much to overdo it without damaging it. damage / reduction of the root zone caused a sudden drop in the possibility of harvesting of nutrients from the soil and the effects seen on the pictures.
Plants do not react to giving them a dose of fertilizers or drying, they also have stunted growth, briefly stopped and slowly die.
I do not worry, I have healthy girls and fresh sowing next parties at which I will already know that I am not going to make that mistake.
You are amazing, ladybug greets you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s very interesting what you say.
so all were propagated on the same soil with the same chemical composition and additives (mikoryza / perlite).
Pathogen deficiencies, mycorrhizae and emulture remove them effectively.
soil tests which I did was only its pH, I did a test seed earlier but only to the level of germination efficiency.
what is exudate?

I will not call you because my English is very weak in speech, we can only talk in written, I know there is a lot of trace on this barrier, I’m working on it to change it.
Thank you David.

2 Likes

pH soil is 6.5-6.7 its not this road.

2 Likes

Hi send me message.
All good.
Those 1st few sets of leaves are temporary.
They will drop 1st before new grow.
Welcome to cannabis.
I would not fertilize the 1st few weeks.
No Nitrates, Phosphates at all!
When it comes to hemp, do not treat it like canna or corn!!!

Kyle M

3 Likes

For all Canna. Hemp, cannabis, whatever you call it.
Regardless of medium.
Soil, hydro, aero, or whatever your using
5.3—5.7 pH
all the time
everytime
I will tell you how to lower lower it safely and effectively.
Do not grown canna in 6.0-7.0pH
Your asking for deficiencies and problems.
Then you add wrong nuts and it gets worse
downward spiral= crappy harvest with THC if you grow hemp.

2 Likes

Contact me directly if still having issues . I can get them back going .

3 Likes

I have repeatedly read that it is better to use soil with a substrate below pH 6 because a larger range of nutrients is absorbed.
However, due to the results of the soil analysis, it was easier for me to maintain it in the range above 6 than to lower it, the more so because I do not know too many safe in peli ways to lower the pH.
if you can share your ways, I will use them and make a test on new seedlings.
Thank you for help.

2 Likes

Elemental Sulfur and Gypsum.
Cheap, effective, slow, and feeds. Prevents bugs.
Try to get into 5’s.
Your yields will pay for it.
Kyle M

3 Likes

“I have reapeatly read”. Sorry Elephant that’s problem right there.
Not you reading but the source your reading from!

I help you by providing the proper literature and how we do things the right way by setting an example.

Do what you want, maybe budget factors in?
When you do it, do it right though.
Kyle M

4 Likes

okey.
I love to listen, especially if I listen to people with a lot of experience and the problems are to solve them;)
Thank you for your help, I will check it.

tell me if pH below 6 can affect the plant so that it will start producing more THC? I am asking because my law obliges me to grow plants with very low thc content and this is verified.

yes, its the right way to achieve the intended goal.

Thank You.

Adam W.

3 Likes