Hemp producer looking for buyer

Hello everyone, I’m new to the hemp producing, but not to growing. Just got my license and I’m trying to figure out how this works. So I’m curious, after i harvest my plants, how do you find people / companies to purchase my flower and/or biomass. I’m starting with a small lot maybe 12 - 15 plants to test the waters. Any advice is well appreciated. Thank you in advance.

4 Likes

Hi @jdhorton77

Welcome to GN and a wonderful journey you are embarking on. Not being rude, just saying how it is. 12-15 plants is a tiny amount for both biomass, flower and possibly extracts. Not sure what country you growing in, but possibly a good idea to do market research in your local area to see the demand for hemp. Perhaps look at a niche market e.g seed for for food, cold pressed oils or flower for concentrates. You will also need to research the right variety of hemp first off, because some varieties are good for fibre, while others are good for seed production.

But there is certainly a market out there for whatever you decide to do. Hemp has endless possibilities. Please share your journey here and happy to help where I can.

3 Likes

Well i was actually able to get 21 plants in for the summer :grin:. I know it’s a small amount, but it’s all the space i had to grow in for now. Plus if this is as lucrative as they say, i have a friend that said we could use an acre of hers to plant. So no worries.

I have another friend that said she would be able to sell my oils if i had any. So do you know of an extractor i could contact. I have only briefly looked online for one. But if you can recommend one i would appreciate it.

My seeds are good quality genetics and are made for CBD. So if I’m going to sell the plants for CBD, would it be best to sell as biomass or flower?

Thanks for the reply, and I’m enjoying the journey so far.

1 Like