Hemp Research in WA

The WSDA is increasing fees for applying to grow hemp under their research program from $300 to $6500…Obscene! I just wanted to grow enough for some hemp crete projects on our farm. We are getting out of our Tier 3 production & processing and was looking to grow hemp instead, but I won’t pay these fees!

I replied to them with this:
Why is WSDA doing this? Soon hemp will be legal nationwide…one state has written legislation that when the 2018 Farm Bill is enacted, it will be legal in that state. I tried to grow one test acre last year and the seed access was impossible and weighted toward east WA. Questionable ethics of one person at the state. I don’t have to pay to grow hay. Most of what WA does I’m proud to see. State government should not be greedy, especially when an industry is trying to get started. In this situation WA needs to look at what some other SUPPORTIVE, states are doing.

If WA doesn’t have the funds to support this effort, just wait until it is legal nationally.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We are seeing similar efforts to stifle hemp proliferation in AZ. The provisions in our recent hemp legislation are so restrictive I simply cannot afford to even apply for a license to cultivate hemp in my own home state! I am actually looking to other states with less restrictive hemp bills to set up my hemp operations. So, @kdgreenbaum, looks like WA is out?

Time to turn Cali and WA into a RED state in Novembers election! This is a heist at best to possibly be overtaken by Big Corporations coming in and growing hemp! Scam!! Vote RED in Nov and stop this absurdity of price hike! I am sure there is a law against such a HUGE increase!

2 Likes

In our case, AZ is as red as it gets and it still hasn’t stop big business from enacting legislation that only benefits a few (ie those that have a LOT of money). I think a strong call to action to our U.S. based voters is to get out and VOTE this November. Be conscious of the language of the issues you are voting on. Read between the lines and be in informed voter. We have seen bad cannabis ballot initiatives in the past so be wary this November.

Is there any other pending ballot initiatives coming up that we should worry about? Local or state?

1 Like

Suzanne…I am bummed that you used my topic for a political agenda. Thank you Nick for your comments.

2 Likes

Hi Nick…don’t know if this is the right way to reach you. We have a WA state tier 3 production & processing license we want to sell. Can these be posted on Growers Network? I saw a posting of a grow site in California. Thanks!

2 Likes

You can totally post here in the Classified section

1 Like

Hi Nick! Can the word Licenses be added to the Real Estate category in the Classifieds? Nothing fits for listing a Tier 3 Production and Processing license. Thanks!

2 Likes

Are you just selling the license alone or the brick and mortar real estate tied to the license?

1 Like

Just the Production and Processing licenses, no real property.

2 Likes