Hermie plant

Ok I was curious just came across one of my plants being a hermie in Flower stage, im about to repot and start another grow, would it be safe to finish the plant in my other tent while they are still babies? Or is that a risk? I’m already a month in Flower for that plant amd the others I’m trying to put it with are barely entering veg

1 Like

Is it possible to carefully remove the pollen sacs? Or?

1 Like

I wouldn’t risk it unless you are certain that you can keep the hermi plant in the other tent without disturbing any of the pollen. If you really think you can get away with it. Might be worth a try but you will still just end up with a lot of hermi seeds in your bud. I just wouldn’t risk it chop now before any more damage is done and harvest what you can.

HERMIS ARE THE WORST!

1 Like

Its probably best to cull it rather than spreading any pollen.

1 Like

Depends on ur personal preference, if that female been through hell and that’s why they appeared then u have feminized pollen from that plant that u can make fem seeds with, if she pollenates herself then u have a selfed same genetics another Roll of the dice with em, resulting in female seeds and would essentially be the same seeds u attained to start the plant. Plant size is another thing to consider too, if it’s a huge old tree, prob not likely ur gonna be able to manage it but if it’s a small autoflower then going in daily with tweezers and plucking the balls is still practical, if u have high plant counts and just don’t have the time to pay attention to detail with each then I say chop it but if u got a handful and can watch daily then get ur harvest in before cutting, my $0.02

1 Like

I’ve just inspected the rest, and I things don’t look good, they are about half way through flower, I was thinking of just finish the harvest and pray I’ve gotten lucky with as few seeds as possible, I have have some critical kush, romulan and black jack and ill just focus on them, and let the hermie plants ride and see, this is extremely disappointing, out of the 6 plants I think it was the cookies seed, its the only non feminized seed :frowning: the others come from a reliable source the Cookie i found from 8th from a medical dispensary, Arkansas only has 2 cultivators and its either my mistake and stressed the plant or its the genetics from their seed

Feminized is MORE likely to be a herm because the parents are both females and was forced to grow pollen sacs either by spraying collidal silver on the plant or stressed out to hell without growing seeds yet as a last ditch to reproduce, that can be a problem selfing for fem seeds is locking in a hermy trait down the line and only way to breed it back out is a backcross with a previous male

It’s sucks but just take the hours out there with a magnifying glass, finger nail clippers and some patience and turn off any windflow while u work

1 Like

That makes more sense, cus my 4 heft plants I found balls on were some freebies from good buzz genetics. I’ve had bad luck with freebie seeds not just this time, normally my freebies don’t germinate, the there germination rates sucks, at least with my experience, im still new to this so every bit of advice or corrections help

1 Like

If they were 4 seeds from 4 diff strains I’d think growing conditions, all the same strain, a hell of a lot more likely genetics and a known herm I think should be discarded or backcrossed to work it back out

1 Like

I see it as a trigger that’s tripped regardless of fem or reg. I only grow regs and only 2 males in my entire growing. I grow in very cold conditions. I believe herms are from heat stress. I’ve even grown a hermed plants seed untill I got no seeds while I tweaked my environment to comfortable for the ladies.

My tent ranges between 68 and 78, I had no problems with my grow out in shed prior to the one in the house right now, outside was getting up to 90 even with an ac, could it be that I was growing sativa? Sour d and Durban poison, they are more heat resistant than a more indca dominant? Correct me if I’m wrong!, im still learning, doesn’t help I moved from Cali to Arkansas the weather fluctuations got me having to learn quick about things

1 Like

Most of the out of state grows came to Oklahoma thinking they could grow the same everywhere. It’s hot as hell here. Messes up in nside and outside. You have to have major ac to overcome your attic cooking the room from above here.

What’s the top bud temp get to though? That’s your temp reacher… I’d set my hand over the top bud and see how long it takes to heat my hand.

My room stays cold but bud gets close to the hps and bam all messed up beans everwhere. The shorter plants do peachy.

There are so many variables. Genetics are deff key. I’m always torn because I grew bag seeds as my first several grows. All herms. Some that would seed at the last bit when I cooked them with the hps and some that wouldn’t at all. I’ve grow alot of plants. Lol

But from seed I only got two males.

My stretch got away from me in the beginning then was steady then when flowering hit it screwed me cus they 2 are almost high making out with the lights lol, I think heat stress may be the cause could be genetics too but from what you explained earlier I think the heat got me, since we from these parts. During winter, since I can run a radiator heater and dehumidifier together right, unfortunately my outside tent is in a metal shed lol not much insulation, but the radiator heater regulates temp good, but im worried about humidity, I moved here on March from the central valley so I’m being challenged with this, im used to dry weather

1 Like