Hermie/Revegg help

So i had a nasty error in the flowering room back months ago. The timer came on in middle of darkness for 30 min. Two nights in a row. So damn it I left them alone and 5 weeks later of course 2 girls came up with seeds when harvested. I didn’t catch it in time and I believe I had a few pollen sacs open. I immediately removed a clone I had of Alaskan thurderfk. I sprayed plant like mad and Put her outside 5 weeks ago. At that time it was in the flower room for 3 weeks and just about 9 days into flower. This is what she looks like.

So can I grab a few opinions? Will she hermie? Does this look normal for revegg?
If she is going to hermie should I cut it down? I planted it next to another plant and don’t want ball spreadature. Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Sounds like you are leaning toward cutting it down - if concerned about other plants cut it. Have grown them in the past with good results - but worry about cross contamination Don’t let it destroy the others

2 Likes

I believe the term monster crop is taking a flower and cloning it. It makes a very bushy ugly plant to start but if it has enough time to go all the way back into veg, which if it’s outside in the northern hemisphere it does, chances are it will be OK. This happened to me in my veg cabinet and right now I have six plants inside that I reversed from starting to flower, That fully recovered and are now back in flour doing fine. I also have four plants outside that I didn’t give enough supplemental light to and they started the flower out to and then re-vegged, and they look like they’re going to be fine to me too. It takes a while when you re-veg a plant to get rid of those ugly funky leaves. It helps if you lollipop the branches which will not hurt you at this point. But it will force all the energy into what you leave on there and it will recover quicker. At least this is my experience. The ultimate decision is yours. You are the feet on the ground standing there staring directly at the plant in person. Whatever decision you make will be the right decision for you. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3::partying_face:

2 Likes

All the plants in this picture went in the flower such as yours and I immediately put them back under 18 six lighting for four weeks.

May 6.

May 16

May 28

June 13

I flip them back to flower on June 3.

4 Likes

Thx. I think I’m gonna watch close and let it roll.

2 Likes

So, I thought revegg is when it starts making leaves and vegetative growth. This thing is budding everywhere but it’s not in flower. Wild stuff. @happilyretired does this look about normal?

4 Likes

Oh it’s in flower. Lol. Looks great!

I’ve had them grow flowers and go back to reveg. The sun cycle and rain cycles effed up the sun it received. I would guess.

1 Like

Now I’m really confused. Ten feet away is a freak show that has no sign of flowering at all. I check a couple of times.

1 Like

She might stop flower and go back into revegging again.

The left one went into flower and the right did not.

Left one is revegging now. See those single big leaves up top on the left plant…

Reveg on fs is weird looking lol.

1 Like

Very impressive. Not as impressive as the Amazon plant in the back. Daym bro

2 Likes

That plant has had no water or nutes from me. All nature.

Thanks yo.

2 Likes

I think it’s just residual shit from 2020. My plants are all screwed up to. I got two or three looking like yours does my Super freak is doing what it does looking good. But I bought a bunch of strains that are supposed to flower 15 to 30 days earlier. I don’t believe that they’re going to have flour for less days. I think some of these versions are going to start flowering early. The ones that I have that are going off soonest are in the shadow of the house a little bit later than the others. I’m also using a 30% sunshade over them which may be changing the timing. I don’t have the answer I’m just gonna sit back and watch like you are. If I might make a suggestion that plant looks like it needs to be thinned out by about 30%. You need to remove remove everything from the center branches that are not going to get any light. You need to do it soon before it goes full-blown flowering. This will make much bigger buds on your tops and outside branches. None of that stuff in the center will be any good unless you want to make hash or something like that with it. :+1:t3::v:t3:

2 Likes

Going to butcher her up tonight. Thanks for the eyes guys.

2 Likes

Mine did this one Leaf thing also. It took quite a while for them to outgrow it. Not sure if yours will. The giant orange bud plant I grew last year was covered with these leaves and it did not re-vege total bitch to trim. But I think it was just in the genetics the plant. What strain plan is this again?

3 Likes

Photoperiod or plants that respond to light cycles, detect changes in lighting duration and quality through photoreceptor cells, most often those that pick up red and far-red lights. These photoreceptors play an important part in the plant’s ability to generate and degrade special proteins that signal them to mature into flowering plants. This, in addition to the plant’s natural circadian rhythm, helps ensure that the plant either flowers or produces seeds based on the changing of the seasons. categories: long-day plants like peas and spinach (which flower when the days are long), and short-day plants like rice and cotton which require shorter days to flower. Most cannabis plants are short-day plants which means they need 12 hours of darkness to begin flowering (auto-flowering plants are the exception). In the northern hemisphere, short-day plants flower naturally between the months of September to November while the southern hemisphere experiences short-day flowering between the months of February to April.

2 Likes

Also dont underestimate the power of clones. Take a couple a few different ways. taking one in reveg is interesting. Taking one in flower like. you said an monstercrop it out is also. I tried cloning every bit of plants and revegging is very interesting. I love watching the bracts and pistils transform back into a leaf. So cool!

3 Likes

I agree it is cool. But I have noticed, monster cropped clones don’t usually get really strong branch structure. At least in my experience so far.

2 Likes

So this is a clone of a Alaskan thunderfuck.

The clone was vegged for 5 weeks after I got roots. Then it flowered for maybe 2 weeks? I’d have to look at log for sure. But then I yanked it washed it with hose and it the earth she went. I’ll try to get better pics but the main cola has like 50 bud sites on it? I don’t see how it will hold up but getting airflow is a definite so I’ll start there and try to get better pics after I feed the hogs.

1 Like

No thats why you cut out all the stuff you dont want and kinda bonsia them and then they make a big stem on whats left. Kinda like a monster clone.

2 Likes