Hey guys, I need your opinions and advice please

Hi guys,
With everyone being stuck inside and going stir crazy, I decided it was time to do something constructive that I’ve been meaning to do for some time now and update some of my grow setup.
I’m going to be adding another 4x8 tent for flowering. That will give me one 4x8 for veg, and two 4x8’s for flowering as well as a 4x4 for my mother’s (though I have to put some of my overflow into veg room cause I’ve got 7 strains going right now, I kno, I’m bad w/it. Lol. Anyways, then I have a 3x3 tent, and a 4.5x2.5 closet I use for my breeding program, and a 3.5x2x2 cloning chamber that I built.
Except for the cloning station where I use cfl’s, all of my lights are air cooled HID’s. I want to try LED’s in this new 4x8 flowering room and am wondering which lights you guys think would be best for that area. I’m seriously thinking about going with one of the diy kits that Preybird told me about , or buy the parts separate and put it together myself.
I figure I’m going to need two good lights to cover area well. What do you guys think would be the best and least costly option for top rate lights?
Also, if any of guys remember, I won that 3x3 tent and (I think) 320 Watt Prism led. I really haven’t used it much though as it’s too small for me to use for flowering g and while it’s a nice light, it’s not something I want a dozen of to cover my canopy. The biggest issue I have with it is that it doesn’t have a dimmer knob.
I was wondering if there’s any way for me to install one on it as it’s too bright for seedlings/clones just entering Veg state.
Thanks alot guys!!!

3 Likes

Great project friend! :nerd_face:
I think our friend @devjyarn would have a lot of those answers… :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks man; I’ve been doing a hell of alot of reading about them, as I pretty much knew zero about the subject, and I’ve learned a lot, but I’ve also read a lot of shit that was totally opposite of what the prior article said.
…and with the price of good lights I don’t wanna fuck up; I want the top grade lights as I’m going to be using them constantly as I do a perpetual grow and I don’t want to have to replace them or upgrade them again for a while (hopefully).
…I was actually looking at plasma lights, and they seem killer cool, but you can’t air cool them and I don’t want to have to deal with that headache. Lol.

1 Like

This is a driver issue. Your driver (if a meanwell) has a plug on the top, and there’s a set screw inside. If no plug and it’s a “B” Meanwell driver then there’s two leads that are capped. If your driver isn’t a meanwell driver, then it wasn’t meant to be dimmed.

Horticulture Lighting Group is your best bet for lighting on a budget.
Otherwise Rapid LED makes great kits that you wire together.
I have the Cree kit in a 4x4.

3 Likes