Hydroponic grow question

@valsdor I reuse the water in my ebb and food Rez, for a few weeks, then I toss a flush in there of just pH’d water for a few days before changing out the Rez with fresh nutes.

Not sure if it’s right, but it works for me lol

Packee

2 Likes

@Packee Mate on average how many weeks do you use it

1 Like

@valsdor I’ve gone a few weeks with just adding new nutes / topping up with fresh pH’d and never had any issues that I’ve noticed.

I just make sure the pH is stable and check TDS is they’re young, otherwise they can usually take the heavier feedings

Packee

3 Likes

@valsdor. The good thing about hydro is you can see / fix issues much more quickly than some other media

Packee

3 Likes

@Packee I agree with you, and I think @valsdor could try your methods.

3 Likes

Yes hoppie is right. Why would you want reuse. I takebit out to the garden and dump it into the Veggie garden but reused tk grow. Htf would you get the nutrients out RO membrane will do it but youll waste a lot of the water trying to filter it. All RO systems produce waste water and youll only get 1/3 of the water bag. Time and resources wasted.

1 Like

I know its super late but if u still do hydro i always took all the water from res changes and watered all the plants and flowers outside with it. Ive had squirrels eat plants to the grou d flat and pouring that water on the plants every 7 to 14 days brought back some flowers i thought were goners lol. Any kind of ground cover flowers took off and grew wild 1 plant of purple flowers usually grows a foot or 2 round this one gre like 5 feet round made the plant look beautiful so really wasnt a waste of nutes after all kinda.