Hydroponic grow question

Can I recycle the water from my hydroponic crop, when it is delayed by the cold?
that is to say, I have water from past weeks and as it is blooming I think that I would not take advantage of the formula of the following week, that is why I ask if I can recycle the water from past weeks, my recycled water is well oxygenated and of PH balanced
thanks friends

2 Likes

I do not grow hydroponic… I wouldn’t… but that is just me… I will bring some people in… you might have to clarify your question for them… time will tell… @MK3_Pharms @tdubwilly @hoppiefrog @Packee

6 Likes

tanks mate

2 Likes

And anyone else who wants to tag in a hydro person feel free… let’s get @valsdor his answer…

4 Likes

@devjyarn what do u think imo for a home set up it’s pricey to filter water to reuse and it’s a stab in dark to reuse w no lab tests so cheaper to start fresh as u donk know what nutes the plants depleted at what rate

4 Likes

Here’s a couple more :
@devjyarn, @PreyBird1

1 Like

then water change is necessary, even if you repeat the same nutrient formula for the following week, they go in week 5 and look like week 2

Not a hydro guy sorry.

1 Like

yeah but you know everything… at least to me you do…lol…

2 Likes

Most things yes. I’ve never wanted to grow hydro as its not as forgiving as other media forms.
I still try to convince myself to buy a aerocloner or dwc. Then when I’m ready to click buy. I always back out.
Not that their is anything wrong with hydro. Just not familiar with it

1 Like

If I did hydro I would not as a home grower reuse the water… if that is the question… if on a large scale there were many companies in Vegas selling the set ups…

1 Like

…lol… I only DWC clone and have done a couple real small DWC stealth box grows…

Do you have spare nutrient solution that you mixed some time ago but did not use? If it has been sitting unused for a few weeks I would feel comfortable using it for a feed once readjusting the pH.

2 Likes

There you go @valsdor… I have nothing but respect for @devjyarn and every one else I tagged in and so far the ones others have tagged in…

4 Likes

I’m just about set to run my recycling drip system in my veg space. All nutrient solution drips through the rockwool then comes back to the reservoir.

I adjust my pH daily, and top off with a 1/4 strength solution as the water levels drop. My veg EC is 1.6 so my top off solution is 0.4

I will mix a new batch of nutrients once I have topped off a volume equal to the original reservoir. For example, if my reservoir is 7 gallons and I am topping off with 1 gallon of quarter strength nutes every day, I will drain then mix a new reservoir after 7 days.

1 Like

friend, if it was used in the same crop, but I think it was not completely used for the cold, I have noticed that when they use it, when I make the change the water comes out clear and these waters of the weeks I want to recycle are still very colorful , I think that if they have nutrients, PH and EC are correct, I use coconut fiber as a culture medium and the system is of flow in addition to using air stones in each container, I think I can experiment in trying something like what you are going to do

@valsdor Can you tell us some more about your grow? I want to understand how you are giving your plants their water, and if you are collecting the water that is dripping out of the bottom of the plants.

1 Like

@devjyarn

2 Likes

3 Likes

current

3 Likes