High Iron Toxicity

Hello everyone, I have sent out soil amendment samples (aged manure) to numerous members of this community and I have requested feedback on how it has worked in their grows. I have added information regarding high iron toxicity due to the fact that it is fairly high in iron. If any of you that have received samples are reading this I would appreciate some feedback. We are trying to develop a quality soil amendment that is from organic sources that can be used by home growers. Feedback is appreciated.

3 Likes

I received your organic mix and made my soil today, 12/28/19. I put 5 seeds in water. I will check seeds tomorrow and the new grow will begin. I have enough soil mixed with the manure you sent. The other 2 (assuming they all pop) will go in soil without your manure mixed in. Will give you updates and pics as progress allows.
I need to give my other plants, 2mo old, a boost. I want to make some tea. May I use Fred Harvey 5 to make it with and how much for 1 gal of water? I do not want to make too much at one time. I have 3 in veg. Just consulted my notes. 2 of them will go into flower 1/13/20 or close to that day.
Note the 2 that I need tea for were given to me 2 months ago. These dates were given to me from the grower and are phenom. White Widow and Sour Chem.

4 Likes

We use 1 lb of our stuff to 3 or 4 lbs of dry soil for organic vegetables and herbs so I can’t advise you on a tea blend. Use your best judgement and do nutrient testing. Please let us know what your results are. Thank you for your help. We are trying to learn how cannabis responds to our product.

2 Likes

A cup should brew a gal nicely :wink: it doesn’t have to be exact (I use a double handful for 5 gal)

3 Likes

I will run a plant w the mix when it arrives and we’ll tks for all the effort to get it to me in Canada ur awesome I didn’t think it was possible. Jeff lowenfell sources his compost from Victoria bc. Because it’s such a hassle to get it across the border I’m told.

3 Likes

Thank you hoppiefrog!

2 Likes

Np my friend any time;)

3 Likes

Thank you both. Anything that I can learn from you will be greatly appreciated and if you want I will supply you with more product for testing. Have a great New Year and if you would send photos and reports to idacalorganics@gmail.com it would be great. Cheers to both :+1:

2 Likes

And one more thing, I have read in my research that using a natural organic product to brew tea can release microbes that may or may not work well for your plant. You might check up on it.

1 Like

Thanks again i recieved the product too i have been doing a little research but hey @hoppiefrog let me know what you decide on for a tea recipe i will be using this product on the 2/7 of the afghan from ilgm to be able to see side by side the results thanks again @idacal for the due diligence qith your product research before just pumping out another product can really appreciate what your doing here!!!

3 Likes

I appreciate what you guys are all doing. As I’ve said before we can’t legally grow cannabis in Idaho and I need all you guys and gals that are growing to give me research and reports on how the product works for you and if you make modifications. Happy New Year to all :smiley:

3 Likes

For sure not all microbes are the same some take over and have few benefits so it will be a experiment indeed;)

3 Likes