Highest yielding NPK ratios throughout the weeks of flowering

What nutrient ratios gave you the best harvest? Feel free to include calcium, sulfer, and magnesium ratios in your answer. Be as detailed as you want.

Has anyone here found patterns when comparing different cannabis based brand’s NPK ratios?

6 Likes

Hey @PreyBird1, I know you tried a lot of them, what are your thoughts on this? :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I find its not the amount of nutrients more as application rates. I usually check my plants leafs first and if they are not even slightly burned i increase my nutrients and it depends on the strain. I can get the runts up 1300ppms in bloom but thats 2/3 of the way through flower.
In my testing. i had the highest yeild with dakine420. Second was roots organics. And 3rd was advanced nutrients. Im currently testing the roots organics master line. And im also testing idacal manure.
My next 2 nutrient runs will be with

1. keygrow
  2. Key to life.
    I preffer salts over liquids because i dont like paying for water. And i can mix my own nutrients.
7 Likes

@PreyBird1 How often do you water? What grow medium do you use?

3 Likes

I water everyday. And i use coco or tupur. I am also testing some air pots with a new medium that utah university uses. Its 50% vermiculite and peat mix.
I make sure i do not over water. And i feed 3 days. And 1 day flush and 3 days feed and 1 day flush. I have never deviated. Towards the end of flower is when i increase the bloom feed. I am also testing the dakine420 bloom booster shock and awe and it works and in my testing of control plants. The clones were making buds as big as big as plants with tap roots. I will be able to verify withing 1 month because my clone test plants, hash passion are budding now. And i have 1 in the final week of flower. And i will be able to compare the bud sizes between the mother and the clones.

5 Likes

Bruce Bugbee from Utah State studying cannabis and recommends a general 20-10-20 at 500 ppm N in a peat/vermiculite medium.

I just finished a run trying to closely follow the NPK ratios of the FloraFlex nutes. I’ll be figuring yield in a few weeks as plants dry and get trimmed.

5 Likes

I think this is the holy grail question… but @devjyarn and @PreyBird1 correct me if I’m wrong it would matter what you use until your environment is dialed in … not saying you don’t have it dailed in @kindbud

4 Likes

I would agree. I run about 73-81 degrees max and humidity 40%-60% range depends on the light im using. Right now i was showing 80 degrees and 46% humidity.

3 Likes

I find its not the amount of nutrients more as application rates.

There is a wise mans words. Nutes are expensive to and not good as a runoff for the environment. Probably also a good idea to check your runoff water to see what the uptake of the plants is to ensure you not over doing it.

5 Likes

Very good idea @chrisj question for us newbs. What would you consider overdoing it? Is there a certain ppms that would alert you? Other than tip burning on the leaves? I have been cutting my nutrients levels down to see if i can manipulate the growth of my plant a bit better. I notice when i get it just right the plants really grow well. Im almost always in that zone. But sometimes i miss and it takes a week to get back to the zone.

1 Like

Hi , just wondering how it went …?
Cause I still have to explain myself about a fix ratio of 20-10-20 …
There are plenty of explanations about ratio changing through the developing of the plants ,
Did u figured out ?
Questions like :
20N it’s not too much in flowering ? That’s what it’s commonly known and what all the fertilizer are based to …
I saw that bugbee video many times for be sure I didn’t miss a piece

Which of the 3 basic AN did you use? I have used the 3 part and also the Sensi Grow A&B and Sensi Bloom A&B. There was a noticiable difference of quantity and quality between two the with everything, strain, schedule, lighting, etc. the same Have you used their Connoisseur blend? The price goes up about 50% with each level and that is without any micros or boosters. The 3 part cost me $80 The Connoisseur is $150. Is it worth it?

1 Like

I’ve been searching for years and still haven’t found “The Zone” :thinking:

1 Like

Im in the zone now dakine420

Its the plants attitude whike its growing. I always try snd keep the plants leaves praying/pointing up. When i stay this way the plant does much better. I wasnt impressed with advanced nutrients sensi bloom both parts. And i did the hobbyist bundler pack.

3 Likes

But i like dakine420 its just so simple. I can mix my own nutrients.
I like.

1. Dakine420
  2. Roots organics
    These are pretty much all i use.
2 Likes

This a 2+lb indoor plant grown with dakine420 and a pic of the lab results for that strain and plant?@NateDakine420 this is why i use dakine420

3 Likes

I think I could do that if I had the head space

1 Like

It wasn’t enough for me to notice, one way or the other. Keeping feedings consistent is the biggest challenge that I’ve had.

1 Like

Result speak themself …

I’m still trying to understand , cause prof. bugbee is a master , but I think he was just speaking about veg growing … I mean 2-1-2 it’s fine as vegetative , but not at all for flowering , so I’m convinced there is a wrong explanation or he just didn’t explain he was just talking of veg period .
Im doing 2nd round with peat/vermiculite + dolomite+ gypsum .
Ok result but not outstanding , soil work good ,but since is very poor, it’s also very sensitive .
I noticed deficiency that I never had …