HLG l.e.d. quantum board build #3

Ok here is my newest build a HLG based quantum board build. I like the hlg V2 elite light engines.
QB96 ELITE V2 QUANTUM BOARD ENGINE
I run 4x in series using this driver

• HLG-480H-C2100B i run each board at 120 watts on a potentiometer/dimmer.

FOUR QB 96 ELITE V2 IN SERIES

• HLG-480H-C2100
  • HLG-320H-C1400
    QB96 Elite V2 is a white LED Board with boosted red spectrum. Each QB 96 Elite board has 64 High power White, 16 Red (630nm) and 16 Deep Red (660nm). QB96 Elite V2 offers a wider spectrum than standard 70 CRI, 80 CRI and 90 CRI LED.

SPECIFICATIONS

• Three QB 288V2 Rspec
  • One Triple Slate 2 heatsink
  • Connectors rated 300V 9A
  • Dimensions 6.833" x 11.25
  • Max current per board 3000mA @ 54V

Recommended driver(350Watts max) for 3x QB 288 boards in series HLG-320H-C1750A

I run these boards at 350 watts ÷ 3 - 10% = 315 watts or 105 watts a board after the 10% reduction because of efficiency thresholds.

So between the 8 boards it makes 747 watts :+1::+1:
I didnt have enough time to wire the other ballast back up after i had to figure out how to mount this new center light section to my already fabbed up frame. I like the square tube aluminum but its pricey. I usually just buy angle aluminum. I keep extra new heavy duty extension cords on hand to make power cords for the lights so i spent a couple hours messing around wiring the center light up with what i had on hand. May not be super clean like my other build but up in the air at the tent ceiling it doesn’t matter so much.

New potentiometer.

Low setting.

High setting. Too bad the phones camera has auto dim. Hard to capture hiw bright the light really is.

Takes time to hard wire and solder and shrink all the connections. But i dont use wego connectors. I build my lights like my drones all hard wired only.

13 Likes

Thats pretty bad ass Prey !
Morning man.

4 Likes

Whats up man! Thankyou! Ill fire up the other 4 lights tonight.

4 Likes

Gott work see ya

3 Likes

Well kick some ass today !

3 Likes

Wowzer, all soldered, hardwired with shrinkfit. What are you some kind of professional… very nice?
Prey I see they have the red and far reds but what is the base whites? Is this like a general QB @ 3 or 3500k used as an all around or is this a flowering bulb? Im sure I’m overlooking something simple but you know me… I’m not the brightest led on the board…lol - that’s me! …

5 Likes

SPECTRUM

• 3500k Samsung LM301H Bin Diodes, 16x 660nm Deep Red
  • CCT 3150-3250
  • CRI (Ra) 90
    These are the 3 main lights color specs.
    The v2 elites.

QB96 ELITE V2 QUANTUM BOARD ENGINE

QB96 Elite V2 is a white LED Board with boosted red spectrum. Each QB 96 Elite board has 64 High power White, 16 Red (630nm) and 16 Deep Red (660nm). QB96 Elite V2 offers a wider spectrum than standard 70 CRI, 80 CRI and 90 CRI LED.
@LoCoRocK

5 Likes

Heres this sucker at 50% in action!

3 Likes

Love your work on this…giving me lots of ideas for a future project.

2 Likes

This is my 3rd build.
Here is my 2nd build. I really like this lights main boards they have UV in them. But there discontinued, i used to be able to order the boards for $70 each. But they went fast and dissapeared. I got them from budget led. But i paid extra and found 4’ heat sinks!

3 Likes

Fucking finally!! @PreyBird1 I’ve been looking through threads to see how to mount the hlg diy kits. I’m trying to keep it on the simpler/cheaper side…I was thinking of just using a piece of aluminum about 1/4 in thick with some drilled holes then use nylon washers and self tapping screws. My question is, would that work or is there a more viable option? And Did you have to solder anything?

3 Likes

I solder everything. You can just buy wego connectors for the wiring. I used to build computers and rework circuit boards so i have a smd station. For heating boards and soldering. And i used to do micro soldering. And i build rc trucks and cars and boats and i make my own racing drones and helicopters.

20141206_193242
This is my big drone. He can hit 15,000 feet.

This is my racing drone it’s called the “Baby Beast” it can hit 80mph and go from off the ground to out of sight in 4 seconds.

I like just plain old square aluminum tube at lowes works great. Or rapid led sells sexy light frames and rails but there not cheap! I like cheap and functional. I dont want expensive things that i dont see ever unless im cleaning them. So outta sight outta mind.

5 Likes