Home grown

6 Likes

Hey @nwnative, what you have growing there?

1 Like

In flower I have
1 Gelato soil
1 zkittlez soil
1 of each Gelato zkittlez and Sunday sherbet in dwc hydro.

The seeds I started
3 gorilla glue
2 gsc
2 banana :banana: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Lookin great man, and that are some great strains. Looking forward to seeing them grow. Are you seeing a difference between DWC and soil?

3 Likes

Well I’m relatively new at this. And they started off in a 4 " pipe. I was going for nft. I switched To this setup 2-3 weeks ago and have had faster root and green growth. But they are small. Next time I’m getting bigger net pots.
So far I like the way they grow in soil. Fast and looks like it’s putting off alot. I need a couple more grows to determine for myself

3 Likes

The net pots shouldn’t matter

2 Likes

Okay noted. Maybe they just started off small plamts?

2 Likes

plants? Can see the pipe I had them in most their veg life. 1rst picture top of the tent

2 Likes

None of the banana seeds are starting. Temperamental? Bad genes?

They barely geminate. Then die

2 Likes

That seed is not planted properly. Its exposed, I see that seed just chilling on top. Why not try the paper towel method and then transplant. What wood chips are those ones in the picture, maybe too accidic, exposed?

2 Likes

Could be the strain. I have a couple of purple cookies that are half as big as my lemon haze.
If I’m seeing that picture right you have 6 holes in the tote 2 with plants.
Do you have the other 4 holes covered so light doesnt get in there?
What’s your ph and ppm?

2 Likes

Here is an update.
Soil plants are doing great one question I have is how do I get the flowers to stack closer? There’s alot of stem between buds.
I’m using fox farm nutes and I’m just giving them the recommendation. 2-3 tea. And one calls for 4 table.
I never get the pH exactly the same but I try to keep it between 5.8 and 6.3
I have had trouble with overwatering on my first grow. So this time I’ve been watering between once and twice a week. I’ve been feeling the soil and it retains alot of moisture for a while. Maybe I need to change that next time.
For the hydros. They are still in early stages of flower. Maybe because of their hard life being my first time they were stunted? Because they are growing slow.
Ppm 700-900
Ph 6.0

3 Likes

My only worry about the plants in veg is the lighter green color ( far right top.)

Bannana seed were duds…one tried to sprout but its not doing anything more

3 Likes

The plants in veg look good. I don’t see any problem with the difference in color, because phenotypes are going to do their own thing. They all look healthy to me! It’s too bad about the banana though.

3 Likes

Great news I guess I’ll quit sweating it.
I was checking out one of your grows and was trying to figure out how to get that tight stack your flowers have. There’s alot of stem between mine. I’d like to fill up that space

2 Likes

Guess it’s not too bad maybe I just need bigger buds

2 Likes

6 Likes

Bring your lights closer to the plants to reduce the distance between branch sets. If it is too close, they will be right on top of each other.

2 Likes

Noted. Thank you I’ll give that a try

1 Like