Homie's Hawaiian Homegrown New Grow 4/20/21

Mahalonuiloa Brah. I’m Texan actually, but I’ve been kamaina so long I might as well be local. :smiley: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Pigeon brother its a whole different language lol… locals are badass people… plants look good man… seedlings love humidity

3 Likes

I speak fluent pidgin and some Hawaiian, Japanese, Filipino, Samoan and I can even do a really bad British accent. Don’t ask me about English though… still struggling with that one.

3 Likes

Thats fucking impressive bro… I miss the islands… haven’t been in 6 years… getting old and having kids lol

2 Likes

But hey im southern cali Beach living

1 Like

Tanx Brah. SoCal is great for boarding I hear. I don’t so no mo kine for me, but you?

Humidity is never a problem here. LOL

2 Likes

New pix of the chillin’s!

20201231_200819_Burst011 20201231_200849_Burst011

And her sister;

AH21
20201231_2008421

As a historical/hysterical note, this is the result of the first grow indoors.

20201130_1533021

FREE TIP: Never dry weed in the bathroom.

9 Likes

Anyone with a smartphone or most tablets has a light meter that is semi-accurate in Lux. Here is a nice convertor.

https://www.waveformlighting.com/horticulture/convert-lux-to-ppfd-online-calculator

1 Like

@Homey
All right man, I’m here I’m listening ask your questions that I will give you the best answers that I have.

2 Likes

Are plastic pots that bad? That’s what I have. We used them for ages, why the shift to fabric?

How is this one?

2 Likes

Smart pots breath better :v:t2: Roots ! You wanna go cheap drill more holes in those things your using, also the ones you posted I wouldn’t get those get the ones with double stitched handles so u can move them around easier, eBay has them as cheap :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

3 Likes

Here comes the well seasoned guy , types slow :joy:

2 Likes

Well the best I can explain it is these plants have been modified so much to produce what we want but there isn’t much natural about them. They like a lot of air to the roots everything you read everything you see. You add perlite 30% to your potting soil for aeration. You can use rice hull for the same thing, I think there’s another one called vermiculite or something like that. Anyways the airpot the cloth pot are just adding to that.

:thinking: … OK you’re on a budget rent and all what can you do for almost nothing. Well for starters you could drill a couple of more holes in the bottom of those pots if you have a drill. I didn’t see if you have your pots elevated. You need to make sure air get to the holes in the bottom. If you can get some perlite or some Three eights gravel, you can put it in the bottom inch of your pot that will allow more air up into your soil. But it looks to me like you’re real problem is your light. You can supplement that temporarily with some inexpensive T fives or something. Not too sure about the lights.I’m retired so I started off good ones

7 Likes

I looked through your journal and it looked like you had it tagged anybody for anything. So let me tell you how to do it just in case you don’t know. First you hit @ usually a list of people pop up that are relevant to the conversation. But if the person you want does not pop up you just hit the first letter of their name and it will pop up like this @Homey

5 Likes

( @ @ ) …oh!

1 Like

Ok. I need a tub to put under them so I can water fabric pots and it won’t leak to my downstairs neighbor. Any suggestions? Or should I just make one from wood and sealcoat it? I’m no Bob Villa, but I can measure and swing a hammer.

2 Likes

Well wife is under the weather going to check on her, I Said that a half hr ago :man_shrugging:
Good night!

5 Likes

Good night blue I was wondering why you were still up

3 Likes

Feed her some of what will cure her. L8r @MrBlue.

2 Likes

OK let’s start fresh.
How old are these plants today?

2 Likes