Hoppiefrogs cannabis compost pile

This will be a longer adventure, but no better time to start than the present.
I will start by creating 20 gallons of cannabis compost ( I will need help from all of my local growing buddies) luckily I know quite a few within a CPL hrs drive.
Once collected I will mix into a living soil mix and grow a sponsored strain within. To feed this project I will try my best to feed nothing but cannabis ferments as best as I can.these ferments will take a couple crops to collect as they require weekly collection and fermentations (you want to use the collected materials in the same week of schedule for example collection from week 3 of flower should be fed to a plant in 3rd week of flower)
So needless to say this will be a long project but once it’s done it should pretty much take care of itself :sunglasses::pray::+1:

10 Likes

I have about 15 gallons of dry materials and about 5 gallons of fresh leaf started with bokaski and em1 to speed things . In the next cpl weeks I should have another 15 gallons of fresh leaf and lower branches to add in as well.i have a few buddies in the neighborhood that have material to make dryice hash from still so I’m sure I can get their material as well as the waste from their indoor when they crop.

6 Likes

My buddy has a great electric mulcher u can put over a garbage can and shred the stalk up.sure helps speed up break down and helps with turning the compost and texture of finished material

4 Likes

Very interesting @hoppiefrog. So you are using using cannabis to boost cannabis at specific intervals? And you only going to be using cannabis as a nutrient? Never heard of someone doing this.

4 Likes

That’s correct I predict there will be a few things I will still need to topdress with like calcium but I will aim to use as little other inputs after planting as possible. I think this will be a great experience

6 Likes

You sounding like a mad scientist, but its a wonderful step and a very interesting experiment. A mate used to collect the stems from old grows all the time. It would sit for months in a pile and ret so that he could make his own canvases. Amazing plant, keep on learning. Subscribed.

5 Likes

Interesting :face_with_monocle:. I’ll be following along for this one for sure. As always keep up the great work @hoppiefrog.

4 Likes

Happy to have yas along for a trip to the sandbox, it’s going to be a good one for sure :+1:

5 Likes

It’s crazy how fast the em1 breaks down the leaf matter. I’d say in less than a week 1/3 of the bin has broken down a good bit already,I bet it will take 200 gallons of leaf to get the 20 gallons of cannabis compost.

5 Likes

Crazy interesting Following along.

2 Likes

I want to start composting but afraid to because of unwanted pests showing up in my tent from the compost. How do you deal with that? I know I take a chance even with the store bought soils but so far I have been lucky. Composting units are not that $$$. It would be nice to be able to reuse my soils. Right now at the end when I cut my plants down I just throw it all out in the trash. It would be a nice cost savings both on soil and nutrients.

2 Likes

Most pests thrive in grass and other green areas. You will mostly find other insects that eat other insects in compost those are good bugs and will help prevent infestations. If you keep a eye on things and plants are healthy they usually can handle a few pests and fight them off easily enough. To be 100% safe buy preditor mites to police your room and you will be safe for sure

6 Likes