Hot temperatures!

Hello, I have a greenhouse on hot land 36 ° c. What recommend me to lower temperature. Thank you!

1 Like

Any ventilation? what is the outside temps? where are you would be helpful in answering your question? Check DLI charts to see how much sun you are getting. You could add a shade cloth of 20% to 50% depending on what your Daily Light Intensity is. And at what stage are your plants in?

Background is needed when asking help question. Since we are not there you need to help us by giving a little more information. This is like calling someone and saying the house is on fire and not saying where.

1 Like

There’s always a solution to any problem! Your problem is how to control temperature in a green house… As stated above ventilation is key old air needs to be exposed of and new air needs to be coming in… Fans are key! portable air conditioning could help keep temps cooler as well

3 Likes

I have intractor and extractor and fans too. I’m in Colombia and shade cloth 80% that i used only from 11am to 2pm.

1 Like

What location? If the air is hot and dry you can use evaporative cooling - a wet wall or some kind of misting/fogging system. That with a shade screen system will help a lot, but only if your air is dry. Hot and humid air requires a lot of energy to cool.

2 Likes

You might want to use a lighter shade cloth but put it on much earlier than 11 am and leave it a lot later in the day. I would try using the 30% shade cloth at sun rise til about late afternoon 1530- 1630 or about 3 to 4 hrs before sunset and remove it at that time. To warm up for night time temps. I would only use fans to remove the heat and vents lower to the ground to pull in the cooler air there.

3 Likes

If the misting is out of the question, and pest in the dirt aren’t rampant, go geothermal, and dig 4 Deep holes deep into the ground ,on all corners, inside the greenhouse. Dig enough until you physically feel the cold coming from the dirt walls , and then trench those out a ways, same depth, to another ventilation point outside of the greenhouse. This technique is being used to grow citrus trees in -20 degree Nebraska winters on a small scale and we are looking into maybe utilizing this for Michigan winters, due to how cheaply it can be done properly. Look and see if this is feasible. Buenos Diaz mi amigo.

4 Likes