How can I fix this plant?

I’m just under 2 weeks since dropping my seed in.
I added my fan inside my tent last week and I have it on low pointing at my ballast on my LED light.
With the tent closed I can just barely notice the plants moving through the observation window.
I know they are stretching and I lowered my light (Mars ts1000) from 24” To 18” and turned the dimmable switch up between germ and veg.
Will moving these to 3 gal pots and burying them more help matters any?
Thank you.

6 Likes

@dillydilly.

“ Will moving these to 3 gal pots and burying them more help matters any? “

Not really that much. Might cause more issues trying to move them.
Personally I’d wait till the leaves extend beyond the cups.
Just be careful with the light. They don’t need a lot at this stage.
:v:

3 Likes

Thank you for the advise. What do you think about the plant that’s all bent out of shape? Leave it be and let it go?

4 Likes

I’d just put a bit of your soil around the stem for a bit of support and let her run.
Won’t be long and she’ll stand by herself.
And what you bury will grow roots as well.

5 Likes

Thank you much!

2 Likes

As others said mounding dirt will work. I personally use toothpicks and use that as a mini stake. I loosely tie string around them both to keep it up right.

5 Likes

I know I have said it before and I know that a lot of people can’t afford any more expense on their grows, but the best thing I ever did was to get a LED seedling light in 5000K color. It grows short squat strong seedlings. I had the same problem when I tried to use my main light for starting plants.

This is what I use, I got it on Amazon

7 Likes

Good looking plant. I’ll check out that light thank you

2 Likes

i would rotate my cups around. to me it looks like they are looking to get away from the light. and throw a little dirt around the base like everyone else said. i also use toothpicks. that little helmet head looks like she could use a little spritz and a needle to pop off that hat. they look fine to me too. :grinning:

4 Likes

They aren’t getting enough light, that is why they are getting so tall with skinny stems and no growth up top. Increase the light intensity and prop them up with something or they might fall over and die. Once they have grown a little get a fan on them to blow them around and strengthen the stems.

4 Likes

What work very good for starting seed, plant the seed in a red solo cup with a 23w CFL light at 1-3 inches above the seedling if the plant start stretching lower the light, 7-10 days later it is ready to transfer to larger container this work good for photoperiod seeds.

2 Likes

Thanks for the light suggestion @sssportsmfg. I need a new light for my clone tent and I think this light would be perfect. I used to use a viparspectra light turned down to low. But I am trying to conserve and cut down on ever amp possible.
I got a bigger room to grow in when I moved, but went down from a 20 amp circuit breaker to a 15. Which will be just fine with the equipment I run.
Plus I won’t have a 8000 btu window a/c coming on and pulling 6.7 amps periodically.

4 Likes

You are very welcome…you will love that light it works great here is a plant that is 3 weeks old grown only under that light…

5 Likes

Ty don’t know how big your clone room is or how many clones you will do at one time, they also make it in a 4’ version. Same color of light, higher wattage. Just put in Durolux in the search bar on Amazon and it should bring up all their products. HTH

2 Likes

It’s the smallest vivosun tent. 30"×18"×36". I only take 8 cuttings at a time. So I think that light will be perfect.

2 Likes

Hey Marty, do you still like your Durolux? It’s quite affordable!!

2 Likes

Yes have had it over 2 years still works perfect. Did the seedlings on this current grow with it. And am using it’s big brother the 48" times three of them for the veg on this grow. They work great and are very affordable. The best part is with the 4 ft length they giver very even lighting across the entire tent (5x5)

Here is a pic of my 5x5 tent with three of the 48 inchers running.

I took this picture to show the lighting and how even it is. Same with the little one, just not as long or as wide as big brother. The big ones were on sale a few weeks ago for $80. Then they went up again. When I got my first one it was about $103.

Just checked it is now down to $76 bucks that is a fantastic bargain ! (4 footer)

And they run really cool too, my grow tent is at 75 right now and here is my temp guage sitting right on top of one of them.

HTH
Marty

5 Likes

I do six at a time and yes 8 is very doable. I raised them on one grow all the way up to about 16" tall x 6 plants with just this one little 2 ft. 50 watt fixture.

3 Likes