How can i or we get involved in the industry politically

How can I join or create a movement in this industry besides paying donations. I want to get real work done or be apart of a group

3 Likes

Find what you want to change and be an advocate for that. Start a page or channel and spread out that word. Get involved in events such as the emerald cup and put your word out there straight to the people.

2 Likes

Well what’s the political issues you want to address. How do you plan going about this? Do you have resources? Do you have connections? Do you have a criminal past?

2 Likes

I think that’s what he is asking for help with.

2 Likes

The biggest hinderance there is…

3 Likes

Well no. He didn’t clarify if he has an agenda or just looking for one?

1 Like

He didn’t clarify agenda but yes, he’s asking for help in the planning and going forward ideas.

1 Like

So that’s why the other questions are relavent. Without those. He just wants to join anothet groups cause.
I’m not aware of many Political agendas that need advocacy really. There are groups already handling that. Anything else is just redundant

3 Likes

I would agree the industry is fragmented, and lacks the political muscle more established agribusiness employs.

I would suggest you contact your local Congressional Representative, their office staff can help you with who the existing organizations are on their radar screen.
If you’re lucky, your rep is a committee chair, that does increase your chances of gaining a voice.

Speaking of donations, mention that to a politician, you will get attention.

4 Likes

A good start may be to contact your local chapter of NORML. They are a lobby group at the state and National levels.

2 Likes

I don’t have one. I would like to get involved and see what is some issues you growers have or a belief we could all get behind !

3 Likes

I feel with the way the system is set up. We are all having our own agendas that fit our current shortfalls.
Let’s just say mine would be.
Legal isn’t REALLY legal
3og0IPSFZFRZNDBiwg

2 Likes

I Agree less regulations would be great for a more easy flowing market. Even making deals go threw is pain.

2 Likes