How did you get your start in the business?

What got you into the cannabis growing business and how did you learn the ropes? Do you have any formal horticultural education?

1 Like

The love of cannabis is what got me into the business. I have been a fan of the plant since I was a young teenager like most people. How I learned the ropes is kind of a funny question because it actually cost me a lot of money I read for about a year before I ever grew my first plant after I thought I had read enough I went in with a buddy and bought some equipment at my house to set up a grow room small 10 by 10 room but upgraded my power to 220 and ran some hps I was using soil at the time so I got into using beneficial bacteria which helped out a lot I was lucky and got a good strain to get me through my first couple of grows I would say I have a natural Green Thumb I am a fourth-generation Arborist from a family of other arborist that got me into horticulture I have not studied in school but I do study on my own I love plant science and also soil science microbes are very interesting in this game but I am looking into a program from Oregon State University to get a degree in horticultural

4 Likes

[quote=“nitroisy, post:2, topic:673, full:true”]I am a fourth-generation Arborist from a family of other arborist that got me into horticulture I have not studied in school but I do study on my own I love plant science and also soil science microbes are very interesting in this game but I am looking into a program from Oregon State University to get a degree in horticultural
[/quote]

On a slight tangent – besides cannabis, what are some of your favorite plants? I know arborists need to spend a lot of time learning about the different kinds of trees and their needs.

Bumping this topic for the newer folks. Who learned on their own versus getting a formal education, or a combination of both?

1 Like