How does she look, grew from 10 year old seed

10 Likes

Looking great, in flower, healthy and ready to bloom.

7 Likes

it’s my first grow the seed was like 10 years old

8 Likes

Looking good.

I moved ypur pics to this thread. One tread with the info on one plant will get ypu move interactions. Just keep posting on this one and folks will join in!

11 Likes

thank you fam

11 Likes

@vomanman802 That’s how it starts. You find a seed and its all downhill from there…
Welcome to the party :heart:
igor

12 Likes

I f’ing love Marty Feldman thank you to be honest I’m going to love being here so welcoming never once have i got that in a web community much love and respect Family i have more pics of it’s growth i just need to reinstall software then get the pics up i want to say i started it around June or July i’ll have to look at dates yeah I did some major sins didn’t document a thing but pics of growth and the date stamp on the pics lol SMH only problem i can say I had or have is the upper stems are like a velvet red it could be the strain though I’d say I did an ok job yes I had some white powder mold but if i see it I do a full scan and cut what is infested

9 Likes

Lol all uphill really. Hes in deep now. And based on the lowers being all trimmed and tidy this isnt @vomanman802 first rodeo.
Edit: seed age means squat if you got it to pop! Nice i have some really old seeds and i cant get them pop. I had to stop trying because they were depressing me.

10 Likes

Over all this is my second plant but first one to flower, but the very first one I grew only made it to 2nd or 3rd veg nods and my a–hole cat ate it lmao really it was my fault over the spring and summer I have been training and cloning Tomato’s did a lot of reading on this book about Roses I know they aren’t the same but it tells you the Basics next i want to try grafting that’s where the fun starts :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah thought about grafting. I have a tissue culture lab with a laminar flow hood and i just dont have time to deal with more stuff. Breeding and testing always takes my time. I only have 3.5 hrs a night to deal with my garden and get dinner done. I work 60hrs a week so im always strapped for time.

6 Likes

I wish sleep was not needed so much that is a drag fam because that sound fun AF to do.

7 Likes

What methods have u use like all them hydrogen peroxide scraping scoring do the pinch and twist a bit to get it to crack??? I’d be super interested to try and keep trying on them til I get one to work out. I’ve took some soaked them and nothing set them on the dresser and forgot about them said f it and tossed them in water again as they looked good still and they cracked well 2 of 3 did it did take me to squeeze til I heard the lil crack then back to water for a while then paper towel. I so wanna get into making myself some fem seeds on a few strains I’ve been keeping around but just never find the time to do so. I have the parts to make the sts just never find the time. I have a g33 x trufflez mix and pbbs1 I wanna make seeds from so I have them around. Just keep cloning and going fwd with clones here. I need to do a seed run. I have a 2x2 tent to do so and it’s free and empty. Maybe I should try as I have another pbb clones waiting I can veg it for a bit and take a clone of it get it going and flower the one I’m gonna spray and collect so when the clone is flowering I’ll be ready right away. I may bend ur ear when I get to mixing up make sure I make this strong enough to work. @PreyBird1

6 Likes

Try a lil hydrogen peroxide in your tap water and soak a paper towel lined sauce bowl covered in plastic painted with a small amount of root hormone… just enough to tint the paper towel. Then put in a dark cool ( 60-70°) place for 2-3 days and monitor daily just to be sure… but i set an alarm just to remind me. Hope that helps. I’ve only had one not pop that I can remember. I think the smaller space helps… i can do 5 seeds at a time and have plenty of room to keep em separated.

9 Likes

Very true on seed age. I give them all a chance . I Have some blue cheese from the early 2000’s that are getting sketchy to pop. I’m gonna have to do a seed run on em. !! I love when they pop. And I also have some mexi brick seeds from late 90’s , got some gems in those when they pop I’ve gotten some nice sativas and a few hazes. Hoping to find a nice indica :+1::+1::v:

7 Likes

Ive tried many ways of popping these seeds they were more then 20yrs old from a buddy of mines tour of duty in Afghanistan. So i stopped for a while. And iirc a couple out of like 30 popped and we got these little black points like a little black tail. Then it would die. So we surmised that they were stored incorrectly for so many years they just had no enery left to even grow. So i moved onto to other grows.

7 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

9 Likes