How have you begun to perfect seedling stage for auto flowering cannabis?

Once again I over watered one of my damn seedlings here first time in pure Coco lol. Not the biggest deal we all make mistakes and learn that way for sure. But how have you begun to work in the techniques you’ve learned and what are they so that you can prevent these types of mistakes.

Technology
Systems applied like training or scheduling
Nutrient companies or methods of production and application
Anything specific to seedling stage autos! I wanna hear about it and soak it all in!
I’m on a big auto kick (obviously lol)and have been learning a ton and having a blast. Just trynna learn some more. Each one teach one y’all

Tate

7 Likes

Find away that works then stick to it. If u keep doing it wrong over and over and its not working in your garden. Thats the definition of crazy and boy’ this world is atm.

2 Likes

Okay so once again what techniques do you apply lol. My garden is just fine…it’s an example of life is all. I’m just trying to stimulate a conversation about perhaps the number one most important topic about auto flowers. Once again no worries homie just wondering what you do??? Not really what I do.

4 Likes

I know but thats the basics.
I grow in coco and water everyday 10litres with ironized water and every otherday i add call mag and some sensi nutes and spray every morning with ironized water and apply Diatomaceous earth about 1-2weeks after the switch.

2 Likes

You’re damn right! That’s so dope man…glad it works for you. How long you been on this method you’re doing???

2 Likes

Lol you know this is my first interaction with anyone on this platform and already some dude is tryna clamp down and flex. Dude are you okay??? You have taken what I said and really turned it into bs. Should I ask a moderator for their influence or are you willing to maybe hash this out right here right now cuz it’s kinda ridiculous. I’m pretty sure you know what I was getting at and must just be having a bad day right???

4 Likes

So my best advice or what I do I should say is start them in 2-3 gallon pots an if you have to transplant do it early an try to stress them minimally bc they will start to flower in an instant an you want to try to get as much vegetative growth as possible

7 Likes

Its the same for both Photoperiod and Autos depends on pot size. I wasnt flexing. I normally add autos to the grow when i put the Photoperiods into flower. I just cut it short. You could say am not having a good day and cba to explain. Keep it simple ive learnt

4 Likes

@HostileHippie420 has made the most important consideration in growing autos…either seed them directly to 2-3 gal pots or transplant them as soon as possible… anything that impedes root growth with autos will automatically stunt them and they never seem to recover…

It’s probably important for you to document your grow here and fill in all the information you can.
I believe @nacho151 has the template handy.

With this information, and pictures of your grow, you’ll get competent and useful information from the professional growers on this site. Also, use the magnifying glas at the top of the page to search any subjects you’re interested in!

It’s not that anyone is blowing you off here, it’s just that we get lots of newbees here asking questions without taking the effort to provide us with accurate information…

Welcome to GN, you’ll find a tremendous number of excellent growers here, more than willing to help you with your grows… I might suggest you look at previous threads by @PreyBird1 , @Dog_Fart1 , @nacho151 , @happilyretired , @HostileHippie420 , @treetrunks , @wow_arizona, and so many more.
If you take some time around the site, you’ll realize the valuable asset GN really is !

Good Luck, Bob

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Here is the template that @TheMadFlascher was referencing.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Media:

Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor: Tent
Tent:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night): Day= 75 f, night= 69 f
Relative Humidity (day and night) : Day 65% - Night 50 %
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : Humidifier
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM: PPM
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

8 Likes

Thank You Nacho…

8 Likes

I think the most different thing I see people do with autos is transplant to their final pots fairly early instead of up potting alot. I think during the seedling stage there isn’t much difference between an indica, sativa or ruderalis. Tons of methods, techniques, and nutrient lineups/ inputs.

9 Likes

@tateanddestroy welcome to the forum! @TheMadFlascher is correct there are some talented growers here and some scientists and botanists. This is a great forum to learn lots of information and techniques. Its more Like a family here really.

I think we should ask @mudman hes gets nice fat flowers and breeds and grows tons of autos. Hes the guy i ask about autos. Im a photoperiod guy. Ive a grown couple autos and made a cross with an auto. But i havent tested the seeds yet. But i prefer to clone plants and you cant clone autos so there not useful enough for me so i tend to not grow them?

8 Likes

I’ve had the best luck going straight from the soak into 5g fabric pots. For stubborn seeds, i start them in a seed starter that uses coco with no mesh then transplant them to their final home as soon as they pop up.
Currently I’m playing with my auto feed schedule to find a good balance of duration and frequency that soaks them sufficiently but still allows for a decent dry back.
Feed strength is generally 75ish% of full strength.

9 Likes

I found in coco just soak the whole pot til runoff after it stops dripping I set it on a riser and plant the seed in the pot once u start to see dry patches on the top mist it down with say half cup or so of water to keep the coco moist not soaked. Lately I just eliminated the riser and leave the pots set on the drip tray and will fill the drip tray with so much water or feed and let it wick up for the bottom this should keep the coco wet without killing the plant. Coco should never dry out tho especially in the middle of the pots as it will cause bad dry sockets and that leads to bad root issues

3 Likes