How long before my trichomes ready?

5 Likes

Lol. You need a bit longer. 5 o’clock trikes working…

8 Likes

Ha :rofl: hahaha!

5 Likes

Harvest now before you turn amber.

My wife and I recently completed a grow we did to help answer the question ‘Does Amber give couch lock?’
We harvested a portion of each plant with little or no amber and the rest when amberitius had set in. Our results (so far and unofficial) show that Amber gives you 2 things, couch lock and possible phantom pain. The heavier the couch lock, the greater the phantom pain. The plant with little or no amber has no couch lock at all, Sativa or Indica.

4 Likes

wonder if its just the strain ur growing or maybe thats the way it is u will have to sample some more batches from different grows

4 Likes

Good point. We took as much into account that we could. We used Big Bud (Indica hybrid) and Amnesia Haze, a Sativa hybrid. This grow we will be checking again with Durban Poison, 100% Sativa and Granddaddy Purple a pure indica. We will again be comparing between sativa and indica with 2 pure strains. What I mean by pure is 100% sativa or indica. It doesn’t have to be landrace but that would be nice.
This will give us a fairly decent picture of the nature of the trichs in either an amber or pre-amber state.

4 Likes

I would think the best way to get an accurate answer by employing the scientific method…and see if you or someone else can replicate your findings.

3 Likes

I agree. To make it a better study, I propose as many as are willing to harvest accordingly, join and we collate the results.

If we are to do a quality study, then we need a set of standards to judge by for harvesting and judging the content. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

So you’re saying that waiting until the trichomes are a certain % amber, and that is where the couch lock comes from? What % about do you suggest harvesting?

I don’t believe I’m a good enough grower to attempt any form of solid test, but following for sure.

3 Likes

Anyone that is growing can do this.
When you are about ready to harvest, check the status of the trikes (trichomes) 2x daily as they can change quickly. Harvest and dry a portion of the plant with cloudy trikes as close to zero amber as you can get, a third of the plant with 50/50 trikes and the last with full amber. Then journal the results when you smoke it.

3 Likes

This chart looks fairly accurate based on what I know now.

6 Likes

Would it have to be the same plant. My thought was that I’m growing 2 different strains right now, 3 plants of each strain. harvest one of each strain in each category.

3 Likes

Yes, Each strain can be harvested this way as long as it has at least 3 colas.
Take the first one at zero amber, the second at 50% and whatever you decided to leave for last at full on amber.
This is not a formal study you understand, it’s just a common test to see what most people are finding.

3 Likes

All are IGLM Sunset Sherbert. They were harvested 84, 70, and 98 days after flipping to 12/12.

I can’t tell any difference between the 84 and the 70. But the 98 puts me on my ass. And the trichomes didn’t go amber. And the 98 was pushing out new pistils til the end.

It’s just anecdotal evidence. But I’ll throw it out there.

4 Likes

I did the same thing with these two. I don’t remember how many days each went though. I couldn’t tell a difference between them. Maybe it was just me.

EDIT: these two were also harvested at 70 and 84 days also. That makes sense now since I did all my stuff on Saturdays. lol!

4 Likes

yo my friend it looks a bit chilly there but that sunset sherbet look like the bomb

2 Likes

We could always grow, do the harvest and send them in to a lab for testing.

2 Likes

Hope im not going off topic here…but concerning trichomes on low thc high cbd strains ,ac/dc.
What would be the optimum timing on harvesting these?

2 Likes

It depends on how much couch lock you want.

1 Like

With 14% cbd and maybe 1%thc i dont think there will be
Much couch lock…

3 Likes