How to properly feed nutrients with Grobuckets

I just started using Grobuckets. Three weeks in, I just realized that I’m not sure the proper way to feed nutrients. I have watered kelp and molasses from the top. Can I use dry nutrients like Dr Earth and top water them in? Do I have to wait for the reservoir to dry to prevent over watering? Can I add nutrients to the reservoir?

3 Likes

This should help some. I am not sure if she is around anymore. Ill tag her @carriezrun

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I use the Grobucket’s. You can top feed or use the reservoir. I use Dakine 420 nutrients in my reservoir with no issues. I only water when the soil is dry. The plants will wick up the water as they need it, if you keep the reservoir full you might have gnat issues or root issues.

4 Likes

Do you ever top water in nutrients? If so, what nutrients do you water from the top? For instance, do you top dress and water it in?

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

I use Fox Farm Ocean Buffet soil, I top water when I transplant with just ph’ed water for the 1st couple of weeks because it’s hot soil. I also top water when I give the plants humic acid. When I start giving nutrients I use the reservoir. Other than Humic Acid, and Bud Buster Pro foliar spray, I feed my plants 1 time a week and give a small amount of ph’ed water if the soil drys out before the next feeding. If I suspect nutrient lockout I flush from the top with Atomic Root Powder and drain the reservoir with a pump. However using Bud Buster Pro foliar spray I’ve never had a nutrient lockout because it helps increase the metabolism of the plant. Here is one of my threads that basically shows how I grow using the Grobuckets.

4 Likes

To make sure your plants in Grobuckets get the right nutrients, first, use liquid stuff like kelp and molasses, watering them from the top. You can also try dry nutrients like Dr. Earth, but mix them with water first before pouring them on top. Keep an eye on the water in the reservoir, but you don’t have to wait for it to dry completely before adding more nutrients. Just don’t overdo it with watering, okay? And yeah, you can add nutrients straight to the reservoir, but be careful not to put too much or it might hurt the plants. Just make sure everything’s diluted properly and your plants look happy!

2 Likes

Just make sure to follow the instructions on the product packaging for proper application and dosage.

1 Like