How to tell hash quality?

Alright everyone how do you tell if your hash is good quality?

Or how to grade hash? If that’s a better way to put it.

3 Likes

Heya @Marbsbuds

Good question. I always could tell decent hand made hash ( charas ) was good by burning the corner with a lighter. How it bubbles,smells and smokes, and what is left over. I recently got gifted a temple ball from a quality hash maker and could tell just by the feel it was good. My reasons were it was solid in my hand, kept it for a few minutes in my hand and then it went immediately soft and you could easily bend the ball of hash, and the smells came with it. Damn wish I had some more. Here is a nice piece from the Bubbleman on rating hash:

We reached out to the godfather of the process himself to get some clarification - Marcus “****Bubbleman Richardson enlightened us with the following:

When trying to figure out the quality of bubble hash, we generally have the star system that accords to melt factor. Remember, oil always melts, but micro-encapsulated resin glands do not always melt. The melt factor is one of the main ways we decide what the quality of the resin actually is. 6 star being the highest of the high, melting into a liquid dropping down, not puffing up like a volcano, but falling into the surface area of what you are smoking off of. It will also pop up large clear domes. I would say 6 star is not only full melt but it’s when you have a full melt, clear dome trichome head. When you have bubble hash of this quality you may see up to 90% returns on rosin, but it’s actually very rare.” Source

3 Likes

quality depends on the strain - in terms of “grades” you might be talking about what micron size of bag/s Look at 'Frenchy the Hash Man.com" for all info on hash --------- to add to “chrisj” post One of the best books – " Hashish" by Clark

2 Likes

Thanks Chris

1 Like

Thanks hawkman

1 Like