How to tutorial ?(hang a large charcoal filter)

I have some ratchet straps and a 2 tone winch but no help I just moved here and still making freinds lol (none I’d bring in here yet lol). Any videos or tutorial be great it’s close to 250-300 lbs I’m guessing and I need to lift it 9 ft up

7 Likes

That really big air filter you have? The one that looks 5’ - 6’ tall?

I’d leave it on the ground personally lol.

What size fan are you running on it?

6 Likes

Wow that is a huge filter! I know someone on another site that has one about that size in his basement let me see if I can find out how he hung his. It may be a good idea to keep it on the ground like @tdubwilly suggest.

5 Likes

Two 8" atm

5 Likes

I need to run it in the ceiling to get every bit of heat removal I can get .I don’t have a heat pump and gonna b running 9 1000w hids. The filter actually hooks up to a manifold I have to build TD that runs a second lg filter with a ozone generator so I treat all 3 8" runs at once and then evacuate thru a 14" duct I also have to install TD lol🤔

3 Likes

So in reality I have two super lg filters to hand TD lol

3 Likes

Ok this is just my opinion @hoppiefrog but if I was building your room, I would leave the huge thing on the ground, take the ducting off the fan, and use that giant thing strictly for smell control. By taking off the ducting your now recirculating the rooms air continually through that giant thing and would do wonders for smell control.

From there I would go and by several smaller filters and fans and use them to vent out heat and not that thing.

I’ve seen videos of commercial grow ops using filters that size and they had them all on the ground been used strictly for smell control.

If it absolutely has to be hung, it sounds to me like you have the equipment to raise it butt do you have anchors strong enough to hold it and that running fan?

5 Likes

For sure I use 4 heavy threaded hooks and 4 ratchet straps. I haven’t had problems in. The past w installation but I had some muscle to help me

3 Likes

I’m broke till I finish this round up or I’d have other options

3 Likes

Anyone know if you can hang a vortex fan on a slanted ceiling ( it’s still square to the floor but bracket will be in a 45° angle)

4 Likes

/original/2X/9/9e32ca63b2ab605f62d55be0189f1102149d695c.mp4 that’s the longest video I could squeeze in there lol

3 Likes

That’s a good question let’s see what others think
@tdubwilly @covertgrower @macgyver_stoner

5 Likes

Tks Im still figuring out how to do things tks for invitations;)

4 Likes

No problem at all! Anytime :wink:

4 Likes

I mean, I don’t see why not as long as it’s stable and everything is mounted very securely.

I have heard that fans tend to last longer when hung with straps than mounted to something really solid though. Seems like vibration intensity was allot higher when mounted to something solid decreasing the life off the internal components but it was just something that I read.
Maybe you could even hang the fan with a straps then run a small piece of ducting between fan and filter???

5 Likes

That’s right I forgot the Bungie cord hanger idea

6 Likes