How to wash Coco?

Thanks mate can you explain a little bit more what you mean please?

1 Like

A lot of people feed nutrients with every water in cocoa. A lot of people also water multiple times a day. While I just started my 1st cocoa grow, I have zero room to comment with any actual knowledge. I am hand watering mine so will not be watering daily, or feeding daily. I intend to feed every other day myself.

2 Likes

Ok so that leads me to ask about the amount I should feed mine now.

I’ve got them in ten litre pots clay balls in the bottom and the rest biobizz coco fibre Mix, which I made a feed of water and the various canna nutrients needed and wet the whole pots through. The coco is still wet I wasn’t intending to feed again until the substrate had dried out do you recommend feeding more often than this?

I’ve read about things like root rot and other problems with over watering.

1 Like

Canna washes the salt out and buffers both their bag goods and their compressed bricks, been totally happy with both.

1 Like

Thanks fella I got Biobizz substrate and it’s done the same.

1 Like

It depends on a lot of things, the pots, air flow in your room, what brand of nutes you use, and also the Cultivar you are growing. I can tell you that the more air flow you give them, the quicker they will require more water, and it also makes them grow a LOT faster. Lots of air flow is KING. I have 5 fans in my 3x5 tent. Let your plants tell you is the best way to put it. But general rule is let them dry out between watering. Canna coco holds an incredible amount of water with nothing in it. A little three gallon pot I water about every three/four days and it will take a gallon of water and hold it. I usually water about half, wait a half hour or so then water the rest of the amount. Every third watering or so I just water with PH’ed water no nutes, that allows the plant to take up the excess nutrients already in the coco. Then I resume normal amounts the next water.

HTH

1 Like

Thanks fella can you have a look at the question I asked yesterday please? @sssportsmfg

Hi @Marbsbuds canna has a website where you can type in what medium your using and it will tell you what to feed and what your Ec and PH should be. A good rule with coco is to see how heavy the pots are when there wet then let them dry out and feel how heavy they are. This will give you a good idea then when its time to feed again.

2 Likes

Generally with coco I water every 3 days to start with then every 2 late veg into flower you always want your medium to have decent saturation so they should have a little heft on your watering days or your not giving them enough water but I’d start them on 1 liter each watering starting 1 week after breaking ground . Right now in my 20 liter pot auto grow the smaller girls are taking 2-2.5 and the bigger 2 is 2.5-3 liters.its almost impossible to overwater in coco given its natural aerative properties that’s why it’s a favorite for many growers right now

2 Likes

Thanks Ren. I transplanted my plants from small pots to ten litre on Monday and fed them all then soaking the substrate right through. I was waiting for it to dry out before I watered again as I thought that’s what to do but it’s Saturday now so just have them all another soaking even though the coco still looked and felt damp.

Thanks mate looking good too.

1 Like

WHICH one lol. Just tag me and ask again.

You got bacteria when you used coco? How do you know? I taint never seen a bacteria lol.

Well it’s actually coming bacterial infections in plants and it depends on how much larger organic material is in ur dirt such as wood chips or larger peaces of what ever ur dirt’s made of such as sticks and what not they get to wet to long or if u don’t remove they literally can rot and get mold spores on them and they can infect ur plants

So it usually happens in stages btw it will start off orange or a yellowish white and happens from over watering not good air flow and sometimes jus by shitty random luck u can buy dirt from a store in a bag that’s already has active spores in it and not even know

And I’m not saying don’t use it kuz it does work well for some people but every time I used it I got bad bacteria :microbe: and who knows it could have came from anything yano that’s also why u need to strip and sterilize all ur gear after a grow

That’s a pic of 1st stage bacteria and certain ones can infect plants and you will know but massive leaf discoloration with like almost sparkles on it if ur plants got infection and it will have crazy colors like brite orange that won’t go away

This pic isn’t from my grow room but it’s some I had destroyed and took a pic of jus to show people kuz that’s how it’s start

Ok…well I have never had that problem, can’t imagine why coco would be any different than anything else, bacteria is everywhere. But I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.

1 Like

Idk why it would be different either that jus happens to be my experience I wasn’t trying to down anyone or thing jus it only happened when I used it and when I didn’t everything was normal so I jus dropped it weird right but as u say can happen with any organic material

1 Like