Humidity proper levels for a 4x4 tent

First what is a good humidity level for my 4x4 grow tent? Second if it’s to low. What r cheap or free ways to increase the humidity level? Third should u have a lower humidity level during lights off phase too avoid Mildew and what percentage?

1 Like

Welcome to the network! @jeffg1868 the proper humidity depends on the temperature in the tent.

Stay within the ranges on the chart.
There is nothing cheap to use i tried it already. Just buy a humidifier. And at night have the humidifier go off with the lights. I always leave my fans on for air flow. And odor control.

2 Likes

Man, I tried to find one with a humidity level controller. Can’t believe there are no humidifier/dehumidifier combos on the market, if you can set a temperature level for your AC why can’t you do the same for humidity somehow

1 Like

Welcome all. And you can get a humidity controller for both humidify and dehumidify I have one for each of my tents. Inkdird sells them

1 Like

Ink bird has the controllers…are you on other social media… if IG look up Akonghuang… he’s the North American rep for them… tell him Ladithief sent you…

2 Likes

Ok, will try. But one more thing. That’s a device which is connected to dehumidifier or what? I googled for Ink bird controller, that’s just an alarm with display, as I can see. I was talking about something that will keep humidity level in the range. “Switch the modes between humidification and dehumidification”. Should buy one of these. I thought there should be an Ink bird dehumidifier/humidifier which can be connected with Ink bird controller. If I’m right about how it works, there should be list of models which it fits, at least

I bought one right before corona hit

So I’m reading u already have the controller but I can’t find a unit rn to fit ur controller

So the Inkbird monitor’s your temps and humidity and then you plug in your appliance’s to its power supply @lloyd_jw. So when you get you Inkbird setup to keep your humidity between 45-60%, if it dips below that it would kick the power on to your humidifier. Then if it went above 60 it would turn your dehumidifier on. I have a heat sensor but only use the humidity settings.
But the most important part with these controllers is the appliance’s have to be manually controlled. So they have to have a switch that can be left on. Not any touch sensor or power buttons.
They’re amazing units my friend!
:v:

1 Like

@Photosyntech on youtube talked about humidity controllers the other day… check his channel out we are a doing an open discussion on Saturday night at 8pm EST on organics and living soil and teas…should be fun… never done one before

1 Like

They have little plastic tubs with some kind of absorbent material and it sucks the moisture out of the air I’ve used it before with good results

When I had constant low humidity I put a bucket half filled with water in the tent with a towel hanging from the top of the tent with the bottom of the towel in the water, the towel absorbs the water and then the warmth in the room dries it causing humidity in the tent then just adjusted my fans and exhaust over a few days until I got it to the right levels. Easy way to do it until you get sorted with humidifiers and dehumidifiers etc

2 Likes