Hydrolock watering system by Dripright anyone use it?

Seriously looking into getting this automated watering system. Anyone here have pros or cons on it? If anyone watches greengenes vids he’s using it.

3 Likes

While manually watering my garden yesterday with a lot of sweat and labor we got it done. Was thinking about a watering system, Hydrolock could be a solution for me.

4 Likes

He has another video where he talks a little more about the hydro system. He mentioned maybe making one show dedicated to construction and installation on it. Seems pretty straight forward tho.

2 Likes

I was just looking at it on its website. 6 plants or more.

2 Likes

And it comes with 6 plugs so you can use less than 6.

3 Likes

Do you have that system? What do you think n know of it?

2 Likes

I don’t have it yet. As far as I can tell I think it’s in my near future though. You can read up on it at dripright.com. greengenes has been using it for a while. It takes a little to get it dialed in but once you do all you have to do is keep water w/nutes in your diy reservoir. Its recommended to use a water pressure gauge and a electronic timer plus you’ll need a bit of 1/2" pvc pipe plus glue and primer.

3 Likes

If u wanna try hydro i got the black magic grow pails. 6 gal buckets has a pump to pump water to top to spray roots worked well for my bg auto firat grow. Gonna do 2 buckets next grow. U do have to change over the nute water in them but it was not too bad to do would be nice to have a system with a halo or something to just feed the coco plants on their own once or twice a day with a splash here or there

2 Likes

Thanks bro but not ready to try that yet. This is just an auto watering system.

2 Likes

The Hydrolock stuff looks great! I have a DIY drip system but the weak link is in the pots trying to ensure the drippers stay put for decent coverage. I sometimes travel a week at a time for work and MLB (my lovely bride) keeps an eye on things but this might provide some additional peace of mind for both of us when I am away.

One of the reviewers said they barely fit in 3 gallon pots. Which I am running but I may have to raid my piggy bank…again

2 Likes

I just ordered the 6 pot Hydrolock kit. I will take some pictures of the installation (minus the goof ups) when I get it in. Going to plumb it with a stub out for a second manifold for up to 12 pots but I don’t think I’ll ever need that many in my little room. Pretty excited to make this upgrade in my grow room.

@kdawg Thanks for asking about these!

2 Likes

That’s great and perfect timing as I’m ordering the same set tonight! Pics would be awesome ! I’m not finding much on that part. Will you be using the water pressure meter to? I had to do a little searching to find a timer that does seconds lol.:+1::+1::v:

1 Like

I didnt order the preasure guage but probably should have. It comes with a 20psi reducer.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m going to leave a 2nd outlet capped off to. Going with a 30 gal trash can to hold 20 gals of nutes n water. Will drop an air stone in it to keep it fresh. Thinking that should get me covered for a week. I’m hoping to add a second tent at some point.

1 Like