Hydroponic new grower

I need help I’m a first-time grower 5-week flower 1 out of 4 plant leaves started dropping.
I didn’t know my pH meter was broke it was showing 8.0 and the food and I was trying to lower it to 5.8 I use flora serious
Ppm is 900-1000
I did three out of four plants and this is the only one that has happened to

2 Likes

Hi @shag Welcome to GN. That plant does not look happy! More importantly you need to look at reducing your pH as soon as you can so you dont get nutrient lockout for your other plants. Your ppm is looking fine, but something is not right. Best to fill out a support ticket so we can have more details:

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water)

1 Like

ILGM- Girl Scout cookies
Indoor
Tent 4x4
Light 14"
Temp-79 all day
Humidity 58 all day
Fans and portable a/c
Ventilation I have but not on
5 gallon bucket
Nuts-flora series
Ppm 900-1000
Water temp 70-75 I keep putting water bottles to stay low
Seed germination date 5/27
Vegs duration 3wks
Nuts and bucket change every 7days

2 Likes

Is your ph pen still broke?
Could be lockout.
Do you have an air gap between the bottom of your net pot and top or your nutrients

2 Likes

I had got a new ph meter
I got 3.5 gallons of water with net pot 1.5 to 2in from water.

To I cut all of hanging dry leave with complete defoliation from yesterday to today some leaves started sticking back up the ph 5.8 and ppm 950-1050

2 Likes

I’ll send a pic tomorrow

2 Likes

I’m usually around

1 Like

Oh I have a question?
I am about to switch to House of Garden nutrients can start using next bucket switch or do I have to finish out this grow

2 Likes

No I haven’t but I was told that is the best nuts for hydroponics

2 Likes

I’d go ahead and switch if you want to. Maybe just straight water once in between the switch.

2 Likes

Like straight ph the water and go for a week

2 Likes

I didn’t read back far enough and realize you were in Hydro. I would just take regular water that has been left out for at least 24 hours if it’s city water and just basically give it a rinse. Unless you have a massive amount of ro water laying around you could use.
And just fill your system and let it run for an hour or so just to rinse the old nutrients out of the roots. Then just dump that and put in your nutrient solution and let it go.
This way you won’t get cross-contamination of nutrients from one nutrient system to another.

3 Likes

How long do I let City Water Rinse it out

1 Like