Hypochlorous Acid.....Deep Dive

Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition.

8 Likes

Dude, I wrote this for a reason!!

If you have a bacterial/fungus infection you can continue to d**k around with it…or you can nuke it!
Your future…your decision!

9 Likes

C’mon now … you know I do nothing by the book. I have to fail to get it right. … several times usually. :joy:
I just bought that lemon tree too. Had to of came with it is my guess. FML!ttyl afkb!

8 Likes

@TheMadFlascher if you put this solution in a fogger could you use it to sterilize your tent and equipment between grows?

7 Likes

Absolutely! Its most popular usage has been widespread adoption as a surface disinfectant !
It is much more powerful in effect than Sodium Hypochlorite (Bleach) !

I believe I would think of it as a hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) on steroids !

I’ve been aware of HCO for a long time, I was just never impressed with the strengths used in surface disinfecting. I was also unaware that you could purchase HCO generators very reasonably!
When I was renewing the search a week or so back, I came upon these high strength options and was very excited!

I get that way when I realize the significance of a powerful tool!
Are you kidding me !!?? A safe, organic, non residue, That annihilates any bacterial/fungi on contact?
PLUS, there is never going to be a resistance issue that often develops over time with a chemical agent ! AND YOU CAN MAKE IT AT HOME ???

18 Likes

Thanks for the answer! Now I need the HCO Generator and a fogger! Lol!

10 Likes

Ordered one of your Gizmos, I’ll report back once I get to use it.
No more buying EZ Clone Clear Rez, now that I know what it is, .028.

6 Likes

How much per gallon add to your reservoir straight at that strength?

5 Likes

Clear Rez Bottle says 1oz per 5 gallons…so a quart lasts a long time. But now that I am enlightened, I have a few other uses… So being a multi-use disinfectant I could easily justify and no more mixing Chlorine Dioxide for one of my purposes, thats so unstable you can barely be around it.

6 Likes

I ordered my gizmo yesterday. The solution can be stored in a cool dark area with a temperature from 45 to 75 degrees for up to 4 weeks. Just check ppm and pH before use if storing it.

5 Likes

I wonder what they do to keep it stable sitting on the shelf in a white bottle for who knows how long. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I was wondering that also!

5 Likes

Hap,
You could match the strength of Athena (0.028%) and follow the instructions on their label for hydro systems…that generator is neat because with additional time you get additional ppm.

You check it very easily with a ppm meter.and confirm pH with a pH meter…
Just need to know that 0.028% is EQUAL to 280ppm…

7 Likes

Guys, the plastic bottle it comes in works just fine!!!
You just want to keep it out of SUNLIGHT and in a indoor cabinet…just like BBP!

LOL, I knew it, I knew it !!! I posted a copy of this thread on OG…with great hesitancy I might add!!
There are some great growers there that WILL benefit from the information…BUT OMG
I’m amazed that someone who knows so little, is so willing to prove it in public!!!

13 Likes

I just read an article that it will kill bedbugs on contact and mite larva. Mersa is bad around here and it will help prevent it.

7 Likes

I’ve never been on that site. But this is some funny shit right here. :joy::joy::+1:t3:

10 Likes

Every Mayberry needs an Otis.

I should add, I am He at times…heeeee haw.

7 Likes

LOL, hey I don’t mind questions, or explaining things if asked…

Somtimes the best thing you can do is just leave the scene!!!

9 Likes

Flash with the Facts… :rofl: you had me @ BUT OMG…
Easy Dog… I’m from Mayberry!

10 Likes

OK!
Facts are in on the hypochlorous acid generator!

The Potassium carbonate is used for ocassional cleaning of the machine!
@ravenchief bewed up his first batch…

1 Liter R/O
2 gm kosher salt
1 tsp white vinegar
2 cycles (16 minutes on #3)
pH 5.4 (most likely a 200ppm concentration)

14 Likes