Hypochlorous Acid.....Deep Dive

I’m testing efficacy of 200ppm on some spider mites I have on a couple clones and a sore tooth.

12 Likes

Wow I would love to hear the outcome of this, spider mites are some nasty frigging f*ckers to get rid off!

10 Likes

It’s a fungicide I don’t think it’s gonna do much for mites. But I guess we’ll see. :+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

I’m going to leave it out there as promising, likely add it my arsenal of options.
At 200ppm. Initially, I saw lots of dead little nymph carcasses, I poked at them observing, no activity. Some larger ones seem to re-energize after dry.
Ran the 200ppm another 4-5 times so ~400ppm ish assuming volatility degradation.

AM Observation: Scoured to find a couple adults and no nymph activity.
Resprayed with the overnight degraded solution, will check activity tonight and not do anything else but watch for the next day.

No observable plant tissue damage, that wasn’t a result of the mites.

I do have SNS217 and CJDB, these are sacrificial clones.

Tooth, slightly salty, acidic, bleach taste - like pool water less the piss. No different really than the sodium hypo. rinse the dentist gave me.

8 hours later:
PM update: 4 live adults found, no nymphs…lets see what another 12hours shakes out. I did note the very light salt residue on the leaves and yet no tissue damage.

Decided to make a gallon of 5 x 8min cycle ppm guessing at 400/500ppm for storage. More veggie garden experiments to come…lots of PM on zuc, cucs, squash, liking the mite exoskeleton disassociation thus far lets see what I can kill

9 Likes

If you bought the machine and you’re using it to make the acid, I believe what I read said that you gain about 100 ppm for the first two runs on high, then you gain 80 ppm for every run after. Anyways I think it’s on their site and I believe Bob mentioned it also. That might help you get a little better detailed on your PMs of what you’re doing. One person that is using the machine trying this stuff check the ppm when he started and it was around 250. Increased 100 ppm the two times that he ran it. So you end up around 450 ppm total. The assumption would be that 200 of that would be the acid. It would be interesting to see if you were to check your ppm after each run to see the increase or see how much The increase in ppm is reduced per run.
Questions always more questions :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Dog,
May suggest you cleanout some used 1 gal milk jugs to accumulate your hypochlorous acid,
put it in the fridge and it should store a pretty long time!

LOL, just for you Dog…you might want to rinse the milk out !

9 Likes

What fun is that…Add acid to milk fats…curds and whey, cottage cheese.
Oh uhm…Mozzerella.

Thanks, I thought I read it was not very shelf stable in the simple form like chlorine dioxide I use, it has an open time of a couple hours.

8 Likes

Different animals!

8 Likes

Well you shouldn’t have any pm mites,for sure.

8 Likes

@pbaker1111 this is the thread @happilyretired was referring to.

7 Likes

See I knew someone would tag U…:joy::joy: . . Thanks nacho. :laughing:

7 Likes

@TheMadFlascher I’m not sure I want the machine… call me old-fashioned, I guess. Lol! Could you point me toward the bottle? I read the thread and didn’t see the link.

Edit: Nevermind! Found it.

5 Likes

@pbaker
Good for YOU !
Not necessary to buy the generator!
Won’t hurt buying a gallon and trying it out !

I would suggest you buy the Danolyte…(exactly the same product, and made by the same company as Agrowlyte…)

A 50/50 dilution of Danolyte/R/O water should eliminate the Alternaria completely.

6 Likes

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

Ohhhhhhhm.

4 Likes

So @Dog_Fart1 How are the mites doing? Still guerilla warriors out there in the jungle or did they raise all white flags in the end?

6 Likes

How good are conversations between our nicknames actually? :rofl:

7 Likes

I’ll go do a reassessment, right now.

12 hours, from the other 8 hours:
Not a creature was stirring , not even a mite!

Salt residue everywhere. I’ll lick/taste it later. Not like that "One time at Band Camp: put it in your mouth, put it in your mouth, kinda way, " flippin weirdos.

10 Likes

Well thank you sir :guide_dog: :wind_face: !
:pray: :pray:

5 Likes

Hmmmmm.
Did the monkey fart…or did the dog DO the monkey?
Or, did the monkey end up eating the dog???

Seriously, thanks for the update DOG!
There’s actually some revolutionary pest control experimentation going on right now on another thread ! Too preliminary to do a deep dive, but intriguing none the less!!!

Man, I’ll tell you the truth ! I graduated college in '77 and certainly have a great education, but I’m envious of the exposure more recent researchers have to all these novel new control measures coming into view!!! LOL, makes me wish I was 20 again!!! Since that most likely ain’t happening, I’ll just keep my crutches polished up and ride their wake!!!

7 Likes

flash-gordon

77 jeeze, I coulda been swallowed…lucky my mom was lazy

I surf and kite surf on Lake Michigan… I’m only a few years from retirement.

7 Likes