I have a quick question about pests

I’ve got spider mites, and they are winning the battle.

So what I did was I bought a 4x4 flood tray and put it in my 5x5 gorilla grow tent filled it up with water and put my plants elevated inside the flood tray.

Those spider mites better know how to swim!!

3 Likes

Here are a few ways to get rid of those basterds!

1. Indoors, wipe leaves with a solution of mild dish soap and water.
  2. For indoor or outdoor plants, spritz with a diluted mixture of neem or rosemary oil.
  3. Dust diatomaceous earth on indoor and garden plants to dehydrate the mites.
3 Likes

Yes, but I’m hoping not to have to do any of that with my makeshift moat security system.

Should work right?

3 Likes

If they are on the plant or in the soil they will just keep multiplying and eating your plants. If they’re not your moat system should work. If you have standing water expect the fungus gnats and skeeters to show up.

4 Likes

I started from scratch. For like the fourth time :frowning:

I’m clean now and want to stay clean

7 Likes

Going to get very high R/H

6 Likes

Yep mites are an apex pest. They will take you down if your not all over it. You need to spray for mites like you have the already.

Well hate to tell you this but…Mites can climb and there related to arachnids but there not. They can spin silk webs. And get this they can climb the silk strings and float in the breeze on the silk right to another plant. And plant bridges are a no no. Where plants leaves touch another plants leaves thats a plant bridge there. Ive had mites like 6 times i know what works. It a complex and time consuming task to kill mites. I have saved many strains from mites. There thee worst bug you can get. Females only need to touch a male and there pregnant for life. And there is 3 females to 2 males typically and there so hard to kill and depending which breed you get can affect kill times. If you get the brown Borg mite and you cant kill them you screwed. If the mites get to the top of the flowers you need to burn everything. They will mass congregate and nothing will kill them. Also buying mites to kill mites is a waste of time. 90% of the time you just bought mites! Think about it what do predatory mites eat?? Um yeah mites so when they send you mites to kill mites they have some food in there with them i mean they cant starve right! well geeze some of the food didnt get eaten or escaped well guess what you just got mites!! For real now your screwed worse and you just paid for mites. I mean there fucking tiny micro bugs there not lions and tigers there bugs they kill off every bug so you get more mites. Here are some sacry ass pictures of red mites.

Then theres orange.

Ok that’s enough im having flashbacks of those bastards. They are hard to kill and you need specific stuff to kill them. Its a series of different things at certain times its not fun to deal with them. You have to decide if you really want the strain once you get mites. Sometime you have to clone to the tops of the plants and BURN the rest. Depends on how bad you want to keep the plants. Man “mite” is a swear word! Its 4 letters man!

4 Likes

A great pest management webinar from growershouse.com launching on 20th December, check details and registration link below:

4 Likes

@chrisj will this webinar be available after! I have to work and will miss this. I would love to see this also!

4 Likes

Spider mites r one of the worst to battle and rid of. I’d be on top of spraying some kind of sprays I was always told physan 20 would wipe anything out but the plant. It worked great on stem rot I know it’s not bugs but dilled a q tip in the solution strait and rubbed the infected area. Make a sore spot on the branch but it healed nicely and the plant did great. One treatment did it well. Not sure if it will do the same for bugs but may be worth a shot to try. Physan wasn’t too pricey either like 16 bucks or so

3 Likes

Yes, its published permanently to the tube.

4 Likes

Spider mites, they ruin all the fun. I bought a 12x 50 ft 6 mm sheet of construction plastic vapor barrier, from the top of my baseboards 360° coverage. I don’t let anyone in my house without a professional hazmat suit. ( Just kidding on the hazmat suit but it could come to that). I’ve got the place airtight. I also have an overabundance of ventilation. It’s windy.

To try to save my white truffles cultivar, after they rooted in my cloner I dunked them. Commercial bug spray/water/dawn soap.

If all this does not work, the plastic the wind the dunking the moats out of flood trays.

I’m done. But it will work!!!

I picked up the trays dirt cheap on Facebook market.

5 Likes

Beauveria bassiana - Wikipedia.

The last of us !!! :mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

Or

Greetings from Argentina!

3 Likes

Thats a nice score. Im looking for a couple 2x4’ ones and a 3or 4) 4x4 trays.

2 Likes