I have no clue what I’m doing wrong

Seeds were germinated in the local grow shops plugs. Soaked in filtered water, not RO but ppm after filtration was around 130. Once taproots came out, they were planted in the pots they are to grow in. Light is the growers choice ROI e680 and it is on an 18/6 schedule at 40% strength. The seeds are in cyco coco pearl medium with additional perlite added to bring up the ratio of coco to perlite at 50/50. Growing in the autopot xl pots so 2in of clay pebbles are at the bottom, the rest is cyco coco pearl. Temps are around 74-78 degrees and the humidity is pretty high (the meter says it’s only 40% but I can literally feel the tenth exhale every time I open it and it feels humid. Looking into getting a new hydrometer soon). The seedlings were left alone for a while but I haven’t been noticing any growth really so I started giving them Advanced Nutrients coco grow A and B with voodoo juice at half strength. They get water every other day because I’m in coco and 6.6gal pots and overwatering shouldn’t be an issue. I have a circulation fan that’s hooked up to my filter running on low constantly for now. I will be adding A/c and humidity stuff later.

I cannot figure out why they aren’t growing. People on YouTube have video after video growing in coco and being well on there way to start veg after about 1 week. I’m going on 3 weeks now and they’ve barely budged. The best ones have just gave me the 3-leaf leaves. Please help me figure this out to get faster growth. I’m worried that I can even have a decent harvest. Or do I just have the classic case of I need to stay off the internet? Lol

4 Likes

How far away is your light from your plants?

3 Likes

@devjyarn

Right now it’s probably 3 feet away. I had it on 100% strength but the leaves looked like they were getting too hot so I toned it back down to 60 then 40% and they haven’t wilted since. They’re just not growing. I also meant to add that the water I give when with nutes is around 6.5-6.8 and when it’s just water it’s low to mid 7’s.

3 Likes

They also aren’t “stretching” at all so I never gave the light distance a thought…

2 Likes

PS @devjyarn you always reply quick and come thru for me man. I wish I could give back somehow. I owe you one, or three lol

4 Likes

It’s all good, dude! I’m just glad that you aren’t left hanging when you’ve got a question.

Have you got any pictures that show the problem you’re talking about?

In a pinch I use the “lux light meter free” app published by Doggo Apps for Android. I’ve tested it on my Note 9 against a Sun Systems PAR meter and was happy with how close the readings are (divide by 100, or knock the 2 lowest digits off to convert to LUX to PAR in that app). If you’ve got android, give that app a try. Your plants should be getting 300 + PPFD at this point.

5 Likes

3 Likes

@devjyarn I will try the app tomorrow. Left the space for the night. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully this works!

3 Likes

A lot of us would owe him a lot… he is one great guy! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Three cheers for @devjyarn !! :man_teacher:

2 Likes

@zeus and @kapouic I just like to grow weed and talk about growing weed, haha. Still hoping to one day pay the bills and put my kids through school with a growing job in the regulated market, but that seems to be a far off reality.

Until then, let’s all talk, learn, and grow.

7 Likes

People always told me not to feed until the 2nd set of true leaves show. And then like a quarter strength. The set of leaves that sprout first have nutrients to feed them until the 2nd set of leaves or even 3rd.

I would just give them phed water until the burning on the leaves stops.

I’m fairly new at this but I have a comparable. I germinated 2 Blue Dream. One in a small pot the other In 5 gal grow bag. The difference is amazing. Done everything the same for both except the size of pots. I am mainlining the large one.

L

4 Likes

Interesting way too grow. I have 4 and top them so they have a few tops. Next time I think I will try mainlinng.

2 Likes

I’m having fun😀. Learning everyday. I have 2 threads check them out.
LST First grow
Blue Dream mainlining.
Right now I kinda have a Hodge podge of plants. We can have 12 each. So working my way up. Have 8 now.

3 Likes