I’m a bit stumped

My babies had a run in with spider mites and shit has just gone downhill from there. I believe with the combined effort of my predator mites and neem spraying that I fought them off (no more webbing and can’t find any under leaves after thorough search). After recovering and having growth spurts a few weeks later I’ve seen these new symptoms. I don’t think it’s spider mites again because I don’t see the white spots like I did before, ph is fine, I do live soil and supplement if they look a little light which has never been an issue. Posting some pics, it’s not all of my plants but a few

A couple more pics, root rot? CalMag deficiency?

Hate when that happens… I’m new to this so I wouldn’t be able to help … good luck !

1 Like

Man thats hard to pinpoint. Definatly a deficiency. Maybe magnesium or zinc.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking. A bit hard to call though ughhhh, thanks for input! Maybe @scotty17 will chime in at some point and give his 2 cents too

1 Like

What kind of spray are you using. I started using an organic homemade spray witch works great. Mix two tbsp, dish soap( dawn is plant safe) with 1pint of vegetable base oil and mix well. When you want to spray for bugs or just giving a misting, this recipe has been doing me right

1 Like

Honestly brother @districtflora I haven’t dealt with too many issues besides my over feeding and mites but it may be root rot I’ve been researching and looks very similar to what you have going on… Plus the light green could be calmag or nitrogen deficiency… Whats your feed like?

2 Likes

2 quick questions.

1: Does your soil stay soaked or do you let it dry a little before refeeding?

2: Did you do the…When in doubt, Flush it out. Meaning; PH the water and do a fresh feeding to help flush the soil and roots out.
Also make sure the ph meter you use is calibrated. Your water ph will be important for this. These are the first things I go Straight to when trouble shooting a garden.

1 Like

Did neem with soap and water mix, there’s was some burn from me doing it not long before lights flicked on but it recovered. I’m thinking it’s more of a deficiency issue now

No feed, just water. They looked amazing up until the spider mites. Maybe it just took a lot out of them because they recovered then showed this different set of issues. Think I’ll try compost tea instead of nutes (which I’ve never tried before) because even when I use minimal amount of nutrients I get burn so I can’t tell what my soil does and doesn’t need. Also, root rot may be an issue but I just transferred and didn’t get the smells and all so idk.

1 Like

Yeah, I flushed the ones with issues and PH is fine. They were drying out a waaay too quick so I had to transfer them so any damage from over drying shouldn’t be an issue for now. Either there’s an unidentified pest, root rot, or some type of deficiency. Think one of those issues is the culprit

Link up with @Ladithief brother guys a master in living and teas you won’t regret it… Maybe just cut out the affected and see what happens @districtflora

Did you give them a shower of straight water after you hit them with the neem? Did the pesticide solution run off into the soil? Or did you flush it after you applied pesticide? The reason I ask is because the leaves are indicating conflicting deficiencies (im getting mixed signals haha) so I’m thinking it’s something related to the treatment ?

I think I need to give the leaves a rinse because I may have over sprayed and I did have the lights cut on right after I sprayed (not intentional) so for awhile I could still see spots of neem still on many leaves/plants. So I’m thinking it’s either neem burn or a deficiency, or both?

I stick my finger into the soil. Should feel moist but finger should come out clean. Mud on your finger or soggy sounds a lot like your overwatering. I created a mulch of 1/2&1/2 wood pellets to black earth and watered together in a separate container and let sit. After a day I mixed and fully broke down the moisture expanded pellets and earth and layered an inch of the mixture on top of my soil which creates a barrier and the first thing to dry ( fluffy mix) good drainage down to the earth and roots your feeding. Moist finger check with no mud is a bi- weekly check. The mulch drys out so soil can remain a constant healthy moist bed for your cucumbers (-;

It looks like you have a magnesium deficiency to me, when the leaves are yellowing from the outside in like that it is usually magnesium.