I need a mentor

Hi all,

New here to the community. Been part of other communities in the past but learned about this through the cannacribs YouTube series and looking forward to growing with you all.

There is a possibility of legalization coming soon to my state and I would like to be proactive about obtaining my license and starting a commercial grow operation. However my state has been traditionally conservative place so us growers keep to ourselves.

I really think I need a mentor or someone that I can talk to that has been through this transition before. By reading the bill slated for debate, it looks like it’s gonna be 100k for licensing so a large scale operation is the only profitable solution.

I know a good bit about growing and my small scale garden has been successful, but I know nothing about starting a multi-million dollar company. If anyone out there is willing to provide some advice or can lead me to someone that could I would greatly appreciate it.

7 Likes

Idk if they are multi million lol but probably a half mil to a mil a yr, but I know of a guy that has lots of greenhouse production experience and has started a legal production of cannabis, I will enquire if he has any Interest I’m sure he’s busy so I would expect he would require a few bucks for his time. If you are interested let me know I don’t want to bug someone and not know what I have to work with and waste any of our time. Either way best of luck it’s a worthy venture if it’s all about a love for the plants successful or not it’s a lot of fun

4 Likes

Yeah it’s definitely something that I’m serious about. If you could set up a meet and as long as the price is reasonable then yeah I’d be down to compensate them for their time. Thanks for the quick reply!

3 Likes

No problem :+1: we all have a duty to help this industry to move forward figure :crazy_face: , happy to do what I can

6 Likes

wow thanks so much. shoot me a DM if they are down and we will go from there. much love

1 Like

Congratulations on your new venture! Knock it out the park! We believe in you!

Welcome to the Growers Network.

2 Likes

I would suggest you move to where there is a large grow operation and offer to work for them for 6 months to a year. You might even offer to work at lower wages in exchange for training. At the end, you will have gained an amazing amount of experience that will serve you for life.

4 Likes

I truly wish this was and option as that would be optimal, but unfortunately there aren’t any grow operations nearby. That would be an amazing opportunity though. But I have a family here that I have to take care of.

3 Likes

Alot of info your looking for is in threads here. You have alot of reading to do. From now till forever.

4 Likes

Yeah man just like that other dude etc further up just by being in this forum you’re going to learn so much but if you really need a mentor to walk you through stuff I’ll give you my cell phone number if you PM me and I mean as long as I’m not busy cuz I do work full time job and I do cultivate quite a bit of weed myself but if I’m around I will answer and help you out the best I can I’ve been growing for 28 years this will be 29 so it shouldn’t be an issue let me know

4 Likes

Dankstar !

1 Like

Contact at Osage Creek Cultivation. The family faced same situation you are in. I think their first mentor was a bust and cost them big money. The facility is first class but their Mastergrower was complete overwhelmed. Low quality and seeded cannabis was their first harvest.
I dont think seeded 9% was a big seller at the dispensary. They are good people ,I hear. if you them your situation he my share some of his mistakes.
Ace

3 Likes

damn bro just droppin names like that? Id be kinda pissed if some dude hit me up and was like, yo this guy online gave me ur info said u got burned. lol

2 Likes

Thanks buddy I will look them up!

3 Likes

If My cultivation facility grew crap like they did. I would put the blame on the Mastergrower that I fired. They turn great products now. and improved quickly. 1st class.
Don’t worry any burn has healed completely. At $480 a ounce retail.
5 flower rooms 800 plants per. Do the math.
There story is in the news paper. and a article written by Mastergrower in canna biz magazine, talking about getting fired.
Ace

1 Like

I think he made a great call by canning the guy ASAP

2 Likes

I think the moral to the story is; pick ye Mastergrower :face_with_monocle: wisely and make lots of :money_mouth_face:
The people in the game are making sacks full of cash.
Ace

2 Likes

I agree 100% and that’s what I am doing. I live in a state that is conservative and needs a new governor before we will have it legal.there. for now I am helping run a grow in Oklahoma, so that might give you a hint on where my red state is. Lol. I started out just as a hand, and following, learning, now I am a managing partner. When that state goes green, im ready, and will be one of the first, and know how to run a large commercial grow. You need the experience with large amounts of plants, PESTS, decide indoor, outdoor, greenhouse… right now I do all 3. There are ALWAYS looking for people that are hard working. If you are, there are several farms that can use you and teach you EVERYTHING. Thats what you want. I plan on partnering on my grow there when it goes green, no matter what, you need to get some experience because there is a ton to learn, alot of things to learn. Feel free to pm me anytime. I cant check back hourly, but tonight I can! Good luck, and you are in the right place!

3 Likes

Pm me. Depending where you are at, can’t be more than a few hours. It’s worth going somewhere for at least 3 months. You’ll at least understand better. I grew gorilla for 20 years, up to 40 plants, but when you get to 600+… its like ymca basketball vs NBA. It’s a different game all together, and if you don’t want to waste a year trial and error, you NEED to go. I have a wife and kids, I still am sacrificing, this is my dream. As far as that story with that grow mentioned. Ive seen that too many times to count. So many imposters here. Everyobe says thry are from humboldt, or colorado, funny thing is, their license plates arent. They end up either fucking shit up, or waiting until harvest and ripping people off. Real winners. Best thing is to be prepared. No amount of reading can prepare you. I obssess and read EVERYTHING cannabis growing, it helps, this group is the best imo, but nothing beats gettibg your hands dirty. Hit me up!

2 Likes

I want to work a grow! My mother was head grounds keeper at Walt Disney world! She was valedictorian at osu in 2000 for horticultural. I grow crap without thinking about it. It’s in my blood. I literally grow on pennies. I hate the game of being sold nonsense. Most growers grow off their buddy’s info. Waa waaa. Never even tried to grow a flower or veggie.

4 Likes