I need help and knowledgeable info if possible

Hey wassup guys , I’m new here so I’m still tryna to understand how to work this forum but I’ve been looking into trying to invest in the legal cannabis business , I was hoping I would find a professional grower to help me start my own personal strain so I could brand it etc etc is this possible ?

3 Likes

Find two strains you like a lot, buy regular seeds from them, then cross and backcross for stability and then call it whatever you like. Presto, new personal strain all your own. You can make either regular seeds or Fems by treating the final strain with their own fem pollen created with silver, pollinate the same plant with it’s own fem pollen and walla you have fem seeds. Get a growers bible, it will tell you everything you need to know on how to produce reg and fem seeds and how to stabilize the line. Good luck. With 500 new strains a year coming out, you gots lots of competition and first you will need to get a reputation as a excellent breeder of new lines. If it were all that easy everyone would be doing it, and a LOT are.

Marty

5 Likes

Thanks I really appreciate you replying and giving me a detailed answer ! I really do appreciate it ! I heard of people finding professional growers and paying them great money to create the strain with the chose of the two strains they want bred . Would that be easier being that I don’t really have experience growing but have the money to invest in a grower?

2 Likes

Absolutely would be eaiser, be prepared to wait some time though in either case. Couple of years at minimum.

Marty

3 Likes

Really ? Home come bro such a long wait ?

1 Like

First thing you need to do is read up on it. They are plants, you have to grow them to make a strain, around 4-6 months each grow.

Not trying to be short with ya, but really go read a growers Bible by Ed Rosenthal or Mel Frank or one of the greats that has breeding info in it. Then decide if you want to do it.

Marty

4 Likes

I really appreciate it my brother , thanks! Will do!

2 Likes

@cueapollo , welcome to the forum ! @sssportsmfg is giving you great advice…if you want to accomplish what you’re talking about it takes a lot of time and knowledge, and PATIENCE.

Even if you’re looking to pay somebody to put the time in and do it right…you are still looking at multiple years for a stable, desirable “NEW” variety…if you’re unfamiliar with the process you’re probably going to throw a lot of money down the drain !!! JMHO

3 Likes

Thanks , I appreciate the both of you! I will definitely do my research on it and read to gain more knowledge ! Thanks again the both of you!

4 Likes