I specialize in CBD. Ask Me Anything!

No idea as I don’t have time to read the link at this time. Can you sum it up for me?

2 Likes

Sure.

So the idea behind epigenetics is that there’s actually a lot more going on with regards to genotype → phenotype expression. The genotype itself does not need to be altered for phenotype expression to differ. There are many ways to do this inside of a cell, but suffice it to say one can turn genes on or off without actually removing or adding genes.

This is great for evolution because it means a population can quickly adapt to changing conditions without needing underlying genetic changes, which can take several generations. Problem is, it makes life difficult for geneticists and breeders. An example is this: If a woman is frequently going hungry during pregnancy, or starving, but manages to have a kid anyway, it’s very likely that that kid’s metabolism will be very slow and they will experience stunted growth, thus they will need less food in general. Conversely, if food is plentiful, it’s likely the kid will have a faster metabolism and grow to be very tall and strong. This will happen even if the food situation switches during the child’s lifetime.

This also doesn’t necessarily happen with sexual reproduction either. If you take a cutting of a portion of a plant that has altered some of its epigenome in response to the environment, the clone itself will express this change as well.

6 Likes

Very cool and thanks for taking the time to write this out. I don’t think this has to do with the current state of many CBD genetics being prone to hermaphoditing, however, we have a lot of theories relating to nurture that fit this idea!

5 Likes

Hey guys hopefully you’re still around to answer a CBD question; does anyone have any experience with CBD and diabetes (type 1 or type 2?)

My little sister was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 2 years old (she’s almost 30 now and has had some complications with intermittent neuropathy and vision loss among other things.) My brothers daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 9 years old (she’s now a teenager.) To drive it home (mother nature wanted me to humble I guess,) my little boy was diagnosed at 18 months old (he’s now 4 1/2.)

I’ve met with a few diabetics that use cannabis and in my experiences there many of them said they found quite a few benefits to it for curbing and controlling their appetites and just general wellness. I wasn’t sure how much they attributed THC to that effect or if CBD was the contributor, or a combined synergy of the cannabinoids (and all the other/lesser ones.)

Do any of you have any experience with this or personal recommendations on literature or products to look at? I would love to be able to approach my family members or just anyone that asks and say “look, here’s the science and here’s the product, let’s see if this works in your situation and if this helps” and knowing that when the kids are old enough/of age, they can at least have a better understanding of the information out there that might provide them relief.

Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Good looking test results, @Subcool - are you processing as well? Do you need any connections to unload your material? If you’re extracting, what are you using? Ethanol?

Not a hater… the 1st image above says no tests for pesties… how come? I’m a bit fuzzy on testing raw material - just oils.

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

These guys might have some info on the subject:

@CannaKids

1 Like

This is a really interesting topic! I have been interested in CBD development recently since hearing of its pain reducing effects without the “high”. Specifically i am interested if a CBD topical cream has been developed for damaged skin cells? I look forward to learning more about this and thank you for your time!

2 Likes

For starters, CBD is no substitution for insulin. I know this as I work closely with someone with diabetes. Is CBD of benefit for diabetes? Probably, but it is also not a substitution for exercise, low carb diets, etc.

Personally I think the best regimen would be a high THC or 1:1 RSO treatment. If it can possibly kill cancer then maybe it can help reverse diabetes to some extent.

Black seed oil is supposed to be of help. Bitter Melon is supposed to naturally lower glucose levels.

I have seen testimonials of people saying that they cured their diabetes with CBD. I don’t think this is true. And, then when you track the people down making these claims you usually find that they are an affiliate for a MLM CBD company.

4 Likes

About 50% of our client base has issues with pain. Here is a link to our topical if you want to check it out:

We are purists to an extent at this time. Many other companies use low grade CBD and add pain relief compounds such as arnica, etc.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

5 Likes

Wow that looks like exactly what I’m looking for! i’m going to look into it more. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Awesome. We had a gentleman a couple of weeks ago tell us, “I was reduced to tears as my feet hurt so much. I rubbed some salve on them and felt so good that I went out and mowed my lawn.”

This product doesn’t use contain any hardcore skin penetrates such as DMSO. This means that the salve does not cross into the blood barrier.

It’s amazing that we get such good reviews for our salve as our Oral Tincture is actually more beneficial for most.

Yeah, if you have any questions, then please let me know. We take our work incredibly seriously :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fascinating , I have a cultivation question about CBD strains sold through seed banks. I bought a couple that were supposed to be 1:1 but test more like 18:0.6. I read somewhere that CBD strains need to go all the way past amber to get better CBD counts. Is this true or relative to strain specificity? Thanks so very much.

4 Likes

Stable cannabinoid ratios are kind of a myth at this time when it comes to CBD rich genetics. Some genetics you will get 25% CBD Rich, 50% 1:1’s and 25% THC dominant. Plants that have been worked through more generations will have seeds that turn into a higher percentage of CBD dominant cultivars.

18% CBD and .6% THC can be found from seed banks if you know what you are looking for. This sounds like an expression from a Cannatonic from resin seeds.

Obviously a finished plant with have a higher cannabinoid profile. Some cultivars will keep the same ratio of CBD to THC while others won’t. For example, Harlequin can pack on several percents of THC during the last week or two.

We prefer our plants to be as terpy as possible. It’s kind of a different game as THC and CBD do not synergize with terpenes the same way. Some people will pull myrcene dominant indicas early as they don’t want the couch lock buzz. However, CBD does not synergize with myrcene the same way.

I hope this of some help. Please let me know if have any further questions at this time.

5 Likes

Hey @4CornersCannabis , I had a friend reach out to me the other day about some CBD related questions and I wanted to get your expert opinion on it if you had some time?

Any suggestions here?

2 Likes

Anyone have any experience with Rick Simpson full-spectrum (THC+CBD) oils for these symptoms, especially dementia? I know some dispensaries in Los Angeles area carry them, but are constantly sold out.

4 Likes

They can reach us at info@4cornerscannabis.com and we will do our best to be of help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi there, have a question. What is more cost effective in your opinion. 1. Growing Industrial Hemp on a large scale 30+ hectors and then extracting CBD from it or growing CBD reach plants in Greenhouse 20+% of CBD, having several crops per year and extract both CBD and THC oils.

In Europe, in order to extract CBD from industrial hemp, one needs to obtain a specific license, which is similar to one for Opium Poppy cultivation. And THC level in such HEMP should be below 0.2-0.3%

5 Likes

Hey I have a ton of questions. It looks like you plant straight in the ground. Do you amend your soil before planting. How did you setup your irrigation, size the right pumps, regulators, drip lines? What are your watering needs and are you using any synthetic nutes? How do you have your plants spaced? What is the reasoning behind your spacing? Are their any tips to to avoid your crop getting “hot” with thc?

3 Likes

When is the best time to harvest a CBD dominant strain? Its hard to find a trusted source because some people say harvest early, some say harvest later or when the trichrome development is 25-50% amber. Is there really a best time to harvest? I know a CBD dominant strain will most likely have high CBD but is there a best practice to keep THC development as low as possible?

4 Likes

In my opinion, an optimal time for higher CBD content in the plant (hence heavy stoned effect) is to harvest them when trichomes are 50%+ amber.

If I remember correctly THC is converted to CBD when trichomes mature.

3 Likes