I think I made a mistake

I just put my harvest into jars after drying for 5 days because my rh was coming close to 27% and I was scared they’d dry out and crumble as they have done that previously. I got integraboost and put them into the jars and the rh is only reaching 36-40%. I think I waited too long to cure because my rh was too low and I don’t know how to reverse the dryness because the integraboost doesn’t seem to be working

4 Likes

How long have the integeraboost packs been in the jars? They might be take a while to raise the rh

2 Likes

It’s been about 2 hours or so and I’ve been watching it try to regain the moisture it’ll go up one percent and then back down one percent and remains on 36% for the 2 hours

2 Likes

LOL Patience grasshopper. Give them time. 12 hours to stabilize with what you gave them.
Do you know how much you gave them? Use that to determine how much more they need.
They will trade the moisture back and forth until all of that jar is equally moist. That takes time.

4 Likes

I was so worried that I wouldn’t be able to restabilize them after they dried out so much from lack of humidity and my humidifiers not giving enough moisture but thank you for reassuring me! This is only my second grow and I thought it was ruined lol

3 Likes

If it doesn’t get better, I’ll let you know what I do.

1 Like

Put a apple wedge into each jar keeps it from sucking all the juice from the packets. Went too far this last grow myself. However I partially re-hydrated it in the tent with bowls of water with a fan blowing over them before I cut the buds off and jarred them. Put the apple slice in the jar, it will re-hydrate it 10 times quicker. And your packets will still have life in them.

4 Likes

Okay guys it’s been a little over 12 hours and it really hasn’t gotten better they’re still under 45% humidity, all 3 of my mason jars and my boveda packets aren’t scheduled to come in until Wednesday

3 Likes

Even my smallest mason jar with about 10 grams is only at 39% humidity

2 Likes

It may take a while as the buds will be absourbing the moisture in the jars keeping the air RH low untill they equalize.

3 Likes

i put some leaves from my plants in the jars and brought my humidity up. it worked pretty well.

3 Likes

Ya, when the relative humidity in the room is 20 to 30%, I usually hang my plants for 3 days max. Cutting off each individual branch and hanging. After that you just have to determine how long to keep your jars open for in order to get a good cure. Also a humidor works great

3 Likes

You can use any fruit rine. Per oz you should use a peice the size of a dime. Check the next day You can use larger, just keep a close eye because when it get to wet, its trashed. Lol

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s been a few days and I wanted to really see if I could bring it up without any added humidity like the rines and such. My Boveda 62% packs came in yesterday so I put in 2 into each jar with the integraboost boost pack I originally put already in there and the humidity levels rose to 50% in each jar and it’s not rising much further. I read from the Boveda site itself that you can’t use too many packets because they’ll never exceed passed the desired rh in the packets so I’m considering putting in 2 more packets today

1 Like

Yes the boveda are 2 way humidity packs so they should protect from over saturating your jars. Glad to see your making progress rehydrating your harvest! Keep us updated on your progress, the last few % will probably be the slowest.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s been extremely low humidity where I am and lacking an infinity fan has definitely been hard on the harvest, and myself lol. I had another jar halfway full with trimmings and the hygrometer read close to 70% rh in there. So I figured why not take them and disperse them throughout my over-dried harvest and see if it’ll help push up my rh, since the boveda and integraboost are slowly boosting the rh but not fast enough—as this Friday would be a week since i started curing. Currently they’ve all risen in rh over 5% each and it’s been less than half an hour.

4 Likes

Also I’ve actually tried to order these prior to the boveda and integraboost and it wouldn’t deliver to my state through amazon

3 Likes

I have done the same, I cut a small piece of sponge and put it into a shot glass half full of water. Carefully drop it in and seal. Honestly it won’t take long.

2 Likes

Another good way. Put a top piece, with leaves on, of celery. Not as wet as fruit…
Works like a charm in about 24 hours.

2 Likes