I uh-oh’d my First sous vide pressure decarb adventure

Watched a few vids. Got jest of it. I do Make personal qwiso’s often.
Wanted to decarb weed to grape seed oil or butter. Need body inflammation help.
Cool things down in body.

So my glass canning jar bubbled over and water got in jar.
Over 2 cups of now brown water.
Goal was convert full plant extract/pure outdoor cured bud and leave in the green materials (which is this the inflammation control part of plant?) Decarb and infuse grape seed oil / decarb combo into a Limoncellos liquor to over ride green taste. That or capsulate like rso.

So can I rid the water and salvage a really great sativa 1/2oz+.?
Alcohol bath mix and evaporate water to oil?

I’m optimistic but this is really good electric sativa strain. Looking to vape ctgs in future
from shatter. I just didn’t expect to boil my weed for 35 minutes.
Going to use boiling bags next time.
Any takers?

2 Likes

It is still useable.evap the whole thing asap and add alcohol again and filter off and evap again no need to leave leaf in there it’s not where the meds are;) evap down an put in gel cap it will taste like crap.

3 Likes

Darn,Smelled just like limes after 120 day cure. Caps and a shot Of Limoncello. Might add some club soda. Bust thru that blood brain barrier like sweet champagne!

My First shot at tinctures. This strain is a great creative motivational buzz.
How do I consider the strength? Could I shatter. Scrape to dust in Pyrex alcohol
Evap. Mix and dissolve w glycine w low heat, then cap them? Dr said down, relax.
Sativa was big grow this season. Budrot got white rihno’s. Practice for this season. Indica’s. Just not extremely on speed as those
Super special sativa. 40 yrs expertises with those finicky girly.
Cheers

2 Likes

Is that webbing I see on that first pic?

It could be my old eyes, 15 bonghits, 1 cup of strong coffee black, and a bowl in the bubbler, and the fact I have only been up (out of bed) for 1/2 hour.

It could also be a reflection from something :wink:

3 Likes

Looks like a web on the right side of the bud @piper, nothing wrong with your eyes buddy.

3 Likes

I try to give certian insects. No problems with the web, unless non existing spiders we have webs that blow beginning of fall. Did battle moth/worm on a few hazed. Budrot I believe the burnt tips on a pic. The curled burnt leaf ends would dry on windy days. Then suck up moister and make Uck, rot if you didn’t clean up and cut out. Bud rot. Got most, missed a few.

1 Like

Pt 2.
Interesting eye. I’m getting old too.
Am I wrong on the webs being harmless?

2 Likes

1 Like

It all depends on how you look at it, nowadays you can wash the plant/buds after harvest, you can try with a rechargeable handheld vacuum to get as much webbing as possible, webbing has other insects that got trapped, possibly eggs from the spider or other insects. Some people just don’t like smoking that stuff, others don’t mind.

It’s been decades since I grew outside, I hated it, between the rippers, cops, bugs/rot what more can you ask for :wink:

Choice is good

2 Likes

Did you do a H2O2 wash after your chop ??? that would clean everything off the buds…

I have webs on mine… but they run from the wall to my plant… shit give me more…those looked like regular spider webs… mites is much finer… but definitely worth the watch…

1 Like

i always wash outdoor bud…

1 Like