The buds those lights will grow would pay for themselves on the first run lol

2 Likes

For sure I do good off a table

2 Likes

I would use 18awg solid core wire for the D/C side

1 Like

I have lots of that

2 Likes

And the 12 dollar Chinese thermal tape is tested beside the 3M tape and the temps were no different. So dont get suckered there and pay 30 dollars just for a name lol

2 Likes

Good to know

1 Like

So you order everything off Amazon ?

2 Likes

Everything that I can I do. Amazon prime is included in my wireless phone service so 2 day shipping is always free. Once you get going or if you do build something I will get you links for whatever you need.

1 Like

Awesome I will start ordering stuff in late Oct .just need to finish this crop to get refunded for my expenses

2 Likes

For the last ehhh 6ish months I’ve pretty much coat tailed dbrn so I’m getting pretty fluent with the LED game.

2 Likes

Sweet tks man appreciated. Did u look at the gavita led yet?

2 Likes

No I haven’t. I will though, what were you wanting to know about it? What model?

1 Like

The 1650e its pricy

2 Likes

Just wanted to see what u thought about it’s quality

2 Likes

It’s a nice light with just a quick glance. Now I gotta watch some videos on it lol

2 Likes

Keep me posted on what you think

2 Likes

Overall it’s a really good light. Compared to the photoboost strips, it’s more expensive with less output.
Its price tag for a 4x4 area is almost what it would cost to do the whole 4x8 in the PLC strips

1 Like

And by a really good light, I mean, its plug and play and would grow good bud.

Here are the 2 specs to compare

1 Like

Let me help break some of that down for you @hoppiefrog.

Basically the gravita is showing 2.6 micromoles per watt, if I’m reading all this correctly, and the photoboost strips are 2.95 micromoles per watt, and so the build it yourself is not only less expensive but would give you more photons for you plants to use for photosynthesis.

And so the rub is, are you willing to take on the project, or pay the extra for a simple plug it in and use it.

Both rock, but doing it yourself is a bit better. Just way more time consuming until you have the end product.

~MacG

2 Likes

After more and more reading I may retract my statement about it being a “really good” light.
The diodes they use are unnamed “top bin”…which gives me the feeling that they probably AREN’T. The PLC strips use the Samsung Lm301b diodes, which is the most efficient diodes out.

3 Likes