I want to build the best led money can buy in Oct

Good catch!

3 Likes

I tried to Google it and other forum talk shows the same, people wondering what diodes they use. And 1200.00 for a 4x4 light that doesn’t even carry the best diodes seems like it’s a toss up. And I wouldn’t be tossing up no money to guess

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll just build 4 of them instead then lol

2 Likes

How is light penatration,?

2 Likes

I grow 4 ft tall plants

1 Like

Photons are photons, so it is just building it the right way to get what you want.

You might find changing your style a bit might get you much better yields per watt as well.

3 Likes

Not smaller plants I hope

I’m a firm believer that a 8-10 week veg brings more potency

1 Like

Again, it all depends on what will work for you.

The inverse square law of the EM spectrum will have a lot to do with how close you will run your lights, and what total micromoles you need to get the penetration you want for 4 ft tall plants.

~MacG

2 Likes

I clean up the bottom heavily really I’m looking at about 2.5 ft of canopy

1 Like

OK, like with so many things you will have a performance curve.

Trying to have all your buds/colas equal distant to the light will give you the best efficacy and efficiency for what ever light you are using.

Outdoors it also makes a little less difference also because the light is moving, besides the starting intensity being so far away in comparison to just a few feet closer or further.

2 Likes

Well, Greengenes runs a pretty loaded space and he has massive plants so I’m under the impression they penetrate really well. He has 16 Gorilla Glue plants going in one 4x4 section right now and they are monsters

2 Likes

I will have my own personal experience once these seedling get bigger and fill up my space

2 Likes

I run 8 plants on a 4x8

2 Likes

I love Greegenes’ stuff too! Yup, him and growmou5.

I need to go watch some of that stuff on youtube again.

3 Likes

My plants are looking starved and weak. Flushed with nothing but r/o and stripped them. Then gave one solo cups worth of 150ppm feed, which probably drained out. Which is why NOW…I understand flushing with the 150ppm nutrient water was what I was supposed to do. Now they are yellowish green, and look to be eating themselves. I went and got an air stone and pump, I’m aerating the mixture now. Bout to run the batch I just mixed up of Jack’s, and I’m gonna run a few cups at 200ppm and 6.0ph

2 Likes

I think that will be the best quick course of action.

2 Likes

His content is so good. Most importantly is the way he talks about things. He is very straight forward and doesn’t F around. And he grows really well. They are coming out with a board to compete with HLG. And basically it’s a board with 10 photoboost strips worth of diodes!!! And here’s the best part…they got Cree I believe to come on with them for it so the 660nm red diodes are gonna be that much better!!

2 Likes

@hashone we have been talking about the Gavita on this thread in comparison to another light.

3 Likes