I want to F-ing cry! Mites at harvest!

@kapouic oh yea duh lol i was just messing around in the vid. if i thought what i did was ‘the right way’ i should just quit growing right this second because there is no hope for me since i cant follow the simplest of directions. haha.

i spent all day washing plants the actual right way though! got over a pound maybe two not sure cuz its hard to tell. the first two plants i washed of course i was careful and cautious. but after that i quickly grew confident, and lost everything… Jk jk, its near impossible to mess up. i left a whole branch in a bucket with the peroxide for like 20 min by accident and it was perfectly fine. I don’t recommend anyone try this just take my word for it!

Once again im really glad I came to this community with my problem because I consider myself a pretty experienced grower and learning such a big and impactful brand new technique after six years is super exiting for me.

In the spirit of sexual education, i took a bunch of before and after clips of the mites and webs, as well as macro close ups of the trichomes. after it dries I will compare washed buds to unwashed buds with and then put it together and upload it for anyone who is interested in a high resolution detailed analysis of this method.

4 Likes

I thought so! But I had to make sure :nerd_face:

3 Likes

“Them” are predator mites. You buy them to release in your garden and they eat all the little critters that have no business being there :nerd_face:
And some, like those @hoppiefrog likes, will even hunt when they are not hungry, thus really protecting your garden!

4 Likes

Ive got a similar issue with aphids with slight spider mites as the cherry on top, I’m interested in the before and after pics of the wash and also how were they afterwards??

1 Like

@dirtyghettokush so wash your buds gently if you decide to do it… reason I say it is that when doing ice water hash… it’s the water and aggressive action that separates the trichomes… the ice is only to keep the flower and trichomes as cold as possible…

1 Like

If its that close to harvest you will be fine if you hang dry they just crawl to the top of where they are hung from and you can vacuum them off the stem.

Once the plant is harvested they don’t feed off drying and essentially non-living tissue so will leave migrate and congregate on the end of the stem usually.

you wont lose a crop to spider mites during a dry. only fungi can really ruin a harvested crop , pests can’t feed off harvested material so will move on in search of better food source.

3 Likes