Ideas for excess and/or long term storage

A year ago – I NEVER imagined I would be posting for idea on what to do with the “extra”.

I have tried canna butter & canna oil and can’t get beyond the smell or taste…
Read articles about vacuum sealing cured weed, freezing cured and uncured, cold curing and different hash techniques.

Really not looking to buy any high dollar equipment – just wondering what everyone else does when they have more than enough and still want to grow more plants?? (o:

Really appreciate your suggestions!!

4 Likes

Humidity packs and just leave them in jars myself.

1 Like

How long will they keep that way? Currently have Boveda packs.
Thinking there must be a way to store (or refine) that it doesn’t take up so much room…

1 Like

Good question. I have some jars that I’m just getting to from about 8 months ago. Nothing really long term. My boveda packs have done perfect for that long. I haven’t opened them or anything in months.

1 Like

You can make wax or hash but will take a little money to get into to it I like making hash

2 Likes

Bubble hash. Ice, a bucket, water, stir stick some time and good investment.

Could always make tinctures also.

2 Likes

Guess I need to do some research or how to make wax or hash. Thanks you!!

1 Like

After 18 months they start degrading fast with humidity packs

1 Like

As @rucifer999 said bubble hash is super easy, and a set of bags is really cheap.

1 Like

If you live in the u.s. look into grove bags you can use them for both the cure and long term storage without having to use humidity packs(they always alter the Terps imo) you only need to hit the perfect humidity before packing them away. Also look into getting food grade vegetable glycerin, making cannabis simple syrup might be more palatable

1 Like

Look up cannabis cookbooks online. You will find all sorts of ideas.

2 Likes

i put my outdoor harvest in food grade 5 gallon buckets with humidity packages.

1 Like