Illinois card holder grower

Hello everyone!
I have hesitated to post, because most of you are a lot bigger and more pro than I am.
I have grown many times over the years. But this time everything is different. Back then it was tough (and illegal) . No internet for learning from people like all of you, fear of getting in trouble for ordering anything, etc etc. So my grows never amounted to what I had hoped.
Now I am doing things more correctly.
Illinois law only allows medical card holders to grow (not rec users), and we can only have 5 plants that are over 5 inches tall at a time.
I have a 5x5x7 closet in our basement that I am converting into a grow room.
I have sealed it up, painted the walls with bright white flat paint, installed a 4" Vivosun exhaust fan w/charcoal filter, , bought a 1200W KingLED light, installed a small electric radiant baseboard heater on a thermostat, and bought a dehumidifier (the room sits at about 80-85% without the dehumidifier). I will be growing in 4.5 gallon drywall mud buckets. I am using a ProMix base soil mix that I concocted after reading a bazillion recipes online.
I purchased Auto Super Uzi seeds from Sensible Seeds. I contacted them here on GN, and they were very quick to reply, and treated me like I was buying 1000 seeds. The shipping was unbelievably fast too - ONLY 4 DAYS!!!
I’ve been documenting my progress with pics & video. I’m considering starting a YouTube channel, but I’m still not sure if I will. However, I will be sharing my progress with all of you here on GN. The almost overwhelming amount of experience and expertise on this forum is really something to behold.
Thank you all, for being here!
CHEERS!
~Rob

4 Likes

Right on road king. Ive been growing for almost 20 yrs under ground in the middle of Kansas. Communist state. Talk about having to be a loner ha. Finally moved up here in the mountains of Colorado and damn it feels good not worrying about getting popped. There’s a lot of good people here on growers network. Any questions you’ll get the answers here, any advice feel free to share. Sounds like you got it going on.

3 Likes

Just down the street from ya. Good luck.

3 Likes

Hmmmm…
Down the street? Literally?
LoL

2 Likes

Welcome fellow land of Lincoln partner

3 Likes

One state over. Good luck with everything.

2 Likes

I saw your state after I posted. LoL
For a second I thought COOL - someone close to share tips with! Haha

1 Like

I’m Illinois, I can help ya buddy?

1 Like

Welcome srry for the late greet lol. Its refreshing tk be legal indeed;) sounds like you put some thought into your grow for sure , thats pretty much how i do my setup. Just bigger pots , for the small difference in cost and space u may get better yeilds from a 10 gal pot (you can get plastic grow bags for cheap from a hydro store or amazon etc. I think u will do just fine tho man either way:) if u have any questions we all have our own areas of expertise dont hesitate to ask anything , no question is stupid( except the ones i ask after 22 yrs of growing) lol but anyhow greenthumbs up :wink:

2 Likes