Im still very new to growing

Does anybody know of a good soil recipe using Gaia Green 4-4-4 & 2-8-4 amendments ? I have a bag of pro mix HP soil to start with. And plenty of worm castings. Need help finding the rite recipe or mixter to get things off on good note. Please help :pray:. Thank you.

7 Likes

Hi @greyalien44.

Sure thing!

Start with a 70/30 ratio of Promix - organic worm castings,
Mix in the '4-4-4 All Purpose’ at 3 tbsp/gallon together with 1 tsp/gall mycorrhizae. Done! Now all you do is water with pH-ed, clean water and keep their environment top.
After about 4 weeks (this is relative of course, always go by what your plants tell you) you can topdress with 1tbsp/gall of 4-4-4 and repeat this every 4 weeks.

-Now repot at least 2 weeks before flower -

In the new pots:
Start with the same 70/30 Promix - worm castings ratio.
Mix in a 50/50 ratio of ‘4-4-4 All Purpose’ & ‘2-8-4 Power Bloom’, at combined 4 tbsp/gall, + the tsp/gall of mycorrhizae again. Sprinkle some extra myco on the roots and in the potting holes.
During flowering as well you can topdress about every 4 weeks with 1 tbsp/gall of 50/50 4-4-4/2-8-4.

Throughout the grow you can water every now and then with a nice home-brewed compost tea, with blackstrap molasses, kelp, bonemeal etc etc. Many compost tea recipes to find on the web. Keeps your bacteries fed!

Good luck and send a picture of the grow! :v:

7 Likes

Stay with the 4-4-4 throughout the flowering stage? I thought you would have to cut back on that towards the end of the flowering stage. But you would know much better than me . Thank you so very much for your help :pray:. And will definitely keep you posted with pictures throughout the grow. Just started some Auto’s about a month ago. So my next top dress i will use your advice . Can’t wait to do my photo periods in your mix and see how it goes.

6 Likes

You can topdress the 2-8-4 only, entirely from flowering if you like, I like a mixture of the two. Especially for the transplant, I used the All Purpose too because plants still need quite some Nitrogen in the first couple weeks of flower. Organic dry amendments work a little different than synthetic minerals. They’re slow release, you’re creating a rich medium full of microbial life that unlock the essential nutrients, ready for the plants to take up. And they take what they need. Other than with straight feeding the roots like in hydro or coco grows fed with minerals.

4 Likes

Going to go your way. You now a lot lot more than me. Thank you very much for all your help. Still trying to figure out how to post pictures on here. But im sure if my 2 year old will give me the time I’ll figure it out.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks again. I think I really like this forum. You have been a lot of help. I hope one day I learn as much as some of the people on Here .

6 Likes

I am sure you will. Some of us here have been growing for years, some decades even. Just keep growing :wink:

5 Likes

I’m going to leave this here for you if you are into organic growing @greyalien44. Jeremy is a very inspirational guy, he build not only a great company, the knowledge this guy spreads is impressive. Good source of information.

5 Likes

I Love Build a Soil. Lol

4 Likes

He got shut down on YouTube. I was so pissed. Rite after 100,000 followers award

4 Likes

True. Classic youtube demonetization. Because some of the advertisers don’t want to be affiliated with cannabis they demonetize a channel entirely. I don’t understand why they don’t offer the option to the advertisers. Toggle on/off. A piece of cake with modern day AI.

4 Likes

Agreed to much Center ship.

2 Likes

I hate auto correct

4 Likes

Have a question for you ? Would you like some seeds to tryout. Im a newbie and a seed collector,like all new growers. I have way more seeds than I could ever grow in a lifetime. And would love to share some with real growers. Let me no if want some. I would love to see them grown and not wasted .

4 Likes

Oh thanks man. You’re too kind. And that is really really appreciated. But I live in Belgium atm and down under in '23 hopefully, so there’s that shipping … But there are many US’ers here who would be interested I’m sure!

You’ve got some real classic & killer strains there dude!

Thanks for the good vibe!
:pray: :v:

5 Likes

No problem thank you for all your help.

5 Likes

You know what. Can’t turn down a kind gesture like that ey, what am I saying! You can mail em in a normal envelope I suppose. It will take a while but our customs normally won’t confiscate them.
Which one did you like? I have no Seed Supreme nor ILGM experience! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@greyalien44 nice offer :slight_smile:

here let me help you

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

4 Likes

Chocolope Feminized

4 Likes