INDO Expo - Denver Mart - Jan 27th and 28th

About an hour to Denver!

Denny’s was calling first though…

See you all soon!

1 Like

Show was packed. Parking lots filled up well before noon. Many cars were parked illegally and were towed.

Line to get in was the whole length of the Mart. Took some who got there early in the line 15 minutes-30 minutes just to get into the show.

3 Likes

Hawaiian Kind in the back, Mike with Emerald Gold Extract driving. Look out Indo!

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, we will be there about an hour early but it sounds like that won’t be enough even!

1 Like

Line out the door!

1 Like

Home from the one-day foray to Indo Expo Denver!

It was my first time attending Indo Expo ever and I have to say, WOW. What an event! It was HUGE!

A few pictures from the entry hallway:

I was invited to Indo Expo as a guest of a good friend and a vendor of mine from AFN, Dinesh Dholliwar, the President and owner of Optic Foliar.

Brian, an extremely knowledgeable grower and salesman for Optic Foliar (want to sell grow products? Hire growers.)

I didn’t realize the guest pass would have “Sales” written on it. So I had a fun time answering some questions about the Optic Foliar product line once people started squinting at my tag to see who I was!

1 Like

Look who I ran into?! Joella with Harvest Gold!

I’ve got a bag of the Harvest Gold Silica that I’ll post up some pictures with here soon!

Ran into another familiar group shortly after! Big shout out to @GreenBroz @CullenGreenBroz and @lise.b! Glad I got to see these in person!

Trimming machine:

The Alchemist:

2 Likes

Shout out to Noah with @Black-Dog-LED with their PhytoMax-2 series!

This is Kevin, one of the brains behind their operation (I had a chance to interview them about their lights last year on AFN.)

Here is one of the plants they brought, a real Frankstein’s monster! Grafted from several cannabis plants!

Some beautiful plants in full bloom (free smells!)

And one last shot of another plant in veg. At the end of the show, they started hacking off branches and throwing them on rock wool cubes from @grodan and the entire Expo was alive with people walking around with clones in their hands (and leaving the show with clones in their hands, and getting into cars and cabs with clones in their hands :rofl: )

2 Likes

Stopped in to say hello to a few people!

Boy with Gavita!

Jonnny with Oregon Elite Seeds!

Lambert soil!

Amazing artists and painters at the Expo (with artwork on display for purchase!)

2 Likes

@DanAutoPot it was absolutely fantastic to finally meet you in person, thank you so much for talking with me and I’m excited to push some of our ideas forward :smiley: We’ll talk very soon!

I knew who this was before I even saw the vendor name on the booth! Was a pleasure to meet you @AgriairApril !

Had to stop in to say hi to @TrueLibertyBags! Thank you for the extra tote too, that was a lifesaver!

These are the guys with Earth Juice! I use their pH down granular for my water needs and they hooked me up with their dry SeaBlast Grow and Bloom (respectively,) and a bottle of their Cal-Mag (3-0-0.) Nice guys, can’t wait to try out the new nutrients!

I want to quote @Integra as I took this picture:
“What… what are you doing?”
Me: “Hold on, trying to take a super awkward selfie here.”

If you aren’t familiar with Integra products, it’s a game changer on the curing side (I say this as someone who also uses one of their competitor’s similar products, and simply put once you try out the humidity control packs, you’ll probably never go back!)

We actually will be doing some product sample testing here on Growers Network soon (and my home growers on the Autoflower Network have already been doing some performance testing on them!) Very nice to meet you in person!

Hey. @CIS-Erik. What’s missing from this picture? It starts with a “Y” and ends with “OU!” :rofl: Wanted to tag you in for some love, brother!

4 Likes

So I was on DudeGrows.com radio show a few weeks ago and found out they were coming to Indo Expo. I sent them a message on Instagram asking if they were bringing a party bus.

“No man, we’re bringing a party trailer.”

I’m thinking in my head “oh wow, I bet that’s going to be a sight to see!”

As I looked around the parking lot, I didn’t see the party trailer. I did see someone brought a pretty rundown looking camping trailer though. That couldn’t possibly be it?

It was! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

As I stepped inside to say hello, I was greeted by a group of landowners and commercial growers from Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. We talked genetics, we talked growing, and many numbers were exchanged. Sometimes networking involves being willing to get in that rundown camping trailer (with some discretion, of course.)

He wasn’t there the first time around I visited but I came back at the end of the show and got to meet J.R. Tokin with DudeGrows! Very cool guy, popular grow show on the internet.

3 Likes

Hah, yeah, I got out of that show. Someone has to be at the office! Glad you stopped by though bud!

3 Likes

We ended the night with a regroup at Red Lobster. Joining the entourage from the far back left up was Everest Fernandez with Just4Growers (beside him, his videographer,) visiting from the United Kingdom to learn more about cultivation and genetics for his YouTube video series on cultivation.

It was a great day full of meeting new people and seeing some familiar faces.

Most importantly it was a day filled with networking. No matter what your market, chances are someone you want to talk to was walking around the show. It was very friendly, the atmosphere was in fact pretty chaotic but it seemed to work for the most part. I had a few constructive criticisms for the show itself (probably common ones others felt I’d gander,) but all in all, you can expect to see me there next year!

1 Like

Sorry that you missed our booth… we were just across from Sunshine Lighting and Paxium. You may have not been able to get into our booth… because of the amount of customers in our booth or because of the line waiting to talk.

The interest level for our technologies was through the roof! Everyone was amazed to see our unbelievable cannabis plant grown with our light.

Many of the attendees would ask… after reading our insect deterrent light display banner… does this really work? After a short listen… they shortly began to understand that this ground-breaking technology is something that they would be incorporating in their grows.

We could have sold a ton of product out our booth… if we had it there to sell!

We were interviewed by Illegally Healed… and placed on their Face Book page. The editor was absolutely blown away with all the applications that our technology fits. Not only cannabis plants… but plants of any type, unlimited insect species, poultry, animals, reptiles, fish, and even humans. She spent almost 45 minutes listening to some of the testimonials… ever amazed at the reported results of this technology.

Next stop will be Boston.

Gary

2 Likes

Hey Gary,

We actually went on Sunday, I don’t think I would have enjoyed it at all had we gone Saturday from the sounds of it. The Fire Marshall came and said it was over capacity, they were turning people out, turning people away, people were stepping outside for a cigarette and being denied back in, etc. I heard people were getting pretty upset!

It was fun even if it was a total zoo. I did think they allowed too many vendors to the show though, I got a “Oh you have money? Hey do we a have a closet we can stick this vendor in? We do? Great!” vibe out of it. Too much, too confusing. I was handed a booklet the size of an Archie comic book as my guide to the expo. That was a just a bit ridiculous :rofl:

1 Like

Actually we saw the vender thing differently. The INDO Expo representative came up to us when we were at CannaGrow in Denver… listened to our story… then introduced himself to us. Told us that we had to be at their show… that it was just about sold out for the venders.

He pursued us for a month or so… told me that the INDO Expo was 4-6X larger than Canna-Grow. That most of these attendees would be growers and owners.

We agreed to a 10X10 booth.

Another month passed… and we decided since this show was going to be that large… we would ask for a 10x20 booth. INDO said that they thought it was doubtful… but they would try. A few days later… we now had a larger booth. Not only that… but I was also able to get another vendor partner into a 10x20 booth.

INDO did everything that they could.

When we walked passed the crowds in the morning we saw the undercover personnel. But the crowds both days were tremendous… and the attendees that we met with all reported enjoyable experiences.

We will definitely be back next year. The crowds that came to our booths had never seen our technology… and told many of their friends to visit us.

Thanks
Gary

3 Likes

I agree on that, Indo Expo dominated CannaGrow in terms of the turn-out. There were times you could hear crickets chirp at the CannaGrow show last October (it came in waves.)

From an attendee standpoint, I actually stood out in the cold for over an hour Sunday morning. No one knew where they were supposed to stand (several people had different types of access in the line,) no warmth/shelter was offered. A lady old enough to be my mother was a few people back in the line and a guy offered to take off his jacket to keep her warm (which was awesome, go humanity!) We were shuffled into the entrance 10 at a time, literally someone shouting “come on, go go go!”

I mean that with no disrespect to Indo Expo, I’m just giving a first-hand personal experience of how Sunday morning went :grinning: Didn’t stop me from spending the entire day there though! We’ll be back next year for sure as well, even with my nitpicks I still thought it was worth every minute.

Will you be at CannaCon in Seattle, Gary?

1 Like

Hey Jordan, really great to meet you. What a busy expo! Look forward to continuing our conversation. Cheers!

3 Likes

I made a lot of autoflower growers jealous when they saw I met you haha! It was great to meet Dan, I hope we get another chance in the future! I honestly didn’t have much time to grab some swag from other vendors, but I did get some coco-specific nutrients from House & Garden, so I think it’s time to fire up those autopots again!

1 Like

Nope.

Boston-NECANN and Reno-NECANN

Gary

2 Likes