Infusions?

well, i haven’t actually made any new infusions since this summer, but i plan to soon. i got pics though! i wanted to start a thread bout it, see what ya’ll think and do. i used to use leaf/trim, and this past summer i used a better quality trim.

this pic is when i upgraded from my family croc pot to a larger one so i could do water baths for MCT infusions. <3

this was my MCT infusion, and i still have a lil of it in the fridge to mix with cappacino or oatmeal. good stuff. i also made quick MCT frozen chocolates, in a few varieties like PB, white choc, and combinations of white, semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter. i will be making another batch soon, but with buds for the first time :smile:

5 Likes

infused MCT chocolate/peanut butter bites :slight_smile:

5 Likes

and my coconut oil infusion, cococanna oil. you need both the cococanna oil and infused MCT to make these super potent chocolates

i stay stocked up on my oils. don’t forget to decarboxilate!

9 Likes

Nice post @kuntrybudz , we always doing infusions here. Coconut is my favorite, but also canna butter. We use it for topicals and for edibles. Good stuff and people love , have a 70 plus year old using it as a face cream, 60 plus year old using it for back pain, we use it for cuts and abrasions on wounds for both our pets and ourselves. My partner also infuses other herbs and spices, depending on what she is making it for.

Cooking Instructions
I am using an electric frying pan and keeping it on the lowest setting. I have not decarboxylated the flower, but you are welcome to decarb the flower if you like. I cut up the flower very roughly using scissors ( increase the surface area for cannabinoid extraction ) and mixed it in with the warmed coconut oil. I will leave it on the pan for about 3 hours. Dont let it boil and stir it every 30 minutes. Source

cannabis coconut

I dont decard due to us using a low heat for hours, common sense says to me its decarbing.

3 Likes

What is the difference between the mct & coconut oil for your tinctures and why would you need to use both?
What ratios do you use?
I’ve been making mine for about 2 years always trying to improve it. I like it but my daughter with severe pain issues says it doesn’t do a thing for her. She consumes a lot so I’m sure that’s why.
Also I use an infusion machine, Levo 2. Any thoughts on that.
:blush: thanks in advance :+1:

2 Likes

You can do both, decarb or not but what I have learned is each process releases different cannabinoids & THC .
One will convert to CBD, CBN etc. Reducing the THC levels. The other increases the THC levels.
So it really depends on what your wanting to get out of the infusion process. Happy growing :blush:

1 Like

so, the MCT is an oil that is derived from coconuts, but in a different way. basically, when you eat an edible, it goes through your digestive tract, and takes up to 2 hours to start working. MCT bypasses the digestive tract damn near entirely and goes straight for the liver. it can take effect in 20 to 30 minutes, and can be used sublingually (under the tongue) because of how it’s absorbed.
i, myself, am ediblocked, meaning thc enriched foods don’t really effect me. i can LITERALLY eat brownie batch after brownie batch, and all it does is put me in a relatively good mood.
as far as my measurements, i found this to work best for me:

i tweek it a lil, here and there, but for the most part i do “doouble potency” cus i’m still trying to “get there” lmao. i was a fan of canna butter for the over all flavor, but eventually wanted something to make treats with that was easier to infuse. coconut oil is easier than butter in my opinion. now i make meds for a couple people, my mom included. here’s the latest batch of “nite nite brownie bites” i made her:

i had a habit of taking pics the whole way for a FB group i made. i was trying to make “educational” style posts to spread the knowledge. it ended up being a one-way street, but i still got most of the pics.

8 Likes

I’m a white chocolate lover and would really like to have any recipes you have for white chocolate (or any of these wonderful looking chocolates you are showing - really great!). I’m new at making edibles and so far have barely squeaked out some rice crispy treats, canna honey and peanut butter cookies. I really want to learn chocolates, candies and any infusions. Thank you!

4 Likes

as much as i’d like to take credit for any of the recipes/instructions here… i did not come up with any of this lol but, here is the site i used when making the MCT freezer chocolates. they suggest using different types of chips and/or peanut butter if you get burned out on the flavor, so thats what i did lol

the white chocolates turned out excellent, but i think mixing in 1/3 portion of PB would work out better.

and to get the cococanna oil to liquid state, i used a warm water bath, like so:

you don’t want to microwave any thc, it will destroy the good stuff lol.

6 Likes

@1sttimegrower and @maryjane13 also, another key difference in MCT oil is that it stays liquid at room temp, even in the fridge. not so great for baked goods, but great for hot meals and drinks like “bullet-proof coffee” or “oaTHCmeal” which i am eating right now lol.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I will totally be visiting that site for my next edibles!

2 Likes

i, myself, am ediblocked, meaning thc enriched foods don’t really effect me.

Learnt something new today, thanks for sharing. Someone asked me about this recently, edibles do nothing to me!!! All I did was felt sorry for them. I know more now.

4 Likes

it’s a relatively new term, “ediblocked,” but you can find out more starting with that term. that’s why i started my MCT infusion experiments, and although i don’t quite get what everyone else describes, i at least get some effect. feel free to share what you learn man, there’s more of us out there than you think. i have 3 friends on my PS4 from 3 diferent states, all have the same problem. we’ve been troubleshooting this for bout 6 months or so now, running all kinds of “experiments” lol. for science, of course :laughing:

4 Likes

growing cannabis and baking. the same at having your cake and eating it too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@kuntrybudz I knew they were both good for absorption but I didn’t know about MCT going directly to liver. Thanks for sharing recipe site :blush: always looking for more :partying_face:

3 Likes

If I may step in here.
I have heard no mention of cocoa butter. If you’re going to make chocolate in my opinion the only way to do it is to infuse cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is what they make white chocolate out of. I make it 1 ounce flower to 1 cup Cocoa butter just like anything else. And when you want to make chocolate you mix it two parts chocolate to one part infuse cocoa butter. You can also stick it in your coffee or whatever and it gives you a little of that white chocolate flavor. I haven’t tried it in a baking recipe yet, but I will eventually.

5 Likes

i’ve never played with Cocoa butter before, im gonna have to try it! i’ve made olive oils, vegetable oils, butters, margerines, vegetable glicerines, and even green milk, so im definitely going to have to do this one next. i’ve also “made” canna flour. (i go 1 part ground cannabis to 2 parts flour, most people go 25% or 1 part cannabis to 3 parts flour)
@happilyretired if you got pics of the process, i’d love to see em!
and always step in, please. i value input of all kinds.

3 Likes

There’s really nothing to see. You make the cocoa butter just like you do coconut oil or your regular butter. Cocoa butter is very hard when it’s cool so you will need to melt it before you start.

3 Likes

so i looked it up a little, and it’s worth mentioning you need FOOD GRADE cocoa butter. i came across all skin products until i added the word food, but i found a 2 lb bag for like $25, and if i remember correctly, the measurements are 14 grams flower to 1 lb (2 cups) of cocoa butter… so im lookin at infusing an Oz in the bag im getting. (go big or stay home, right?) i’ll take pics of the process and product just for S’s and G’s, thanks again @happilyretired how bout a couple recipes to use it with? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Has anyone used the Levo II for infusion? How were your results?

1 Like