Infusions?

Infused tequila

Decarb kief in Ardent Nova. Place in small amount of tequila and agitate for a week or so. Take silver tequila you have aged in your own cask and combine with ‘kief in solution tequila’ (run through 25µ filter bag).

6 Likes

Infused honey

Decarbed kief, mixed in crockpot on low for two hours, blended for full hour, cooled for an hour, recanted into original bottle, let sit a day, reduce to proper strength. Original on right.

7 Likes

Infused Sugar - ‘Cannasugar’

Kief and pressed material (removed from nylon mesh bag) decarbed in Ardent Nova. Then, placed in half gallon mason jar until full. Add Everclear Grain Alcohol to the top, cover. LEt stand for days, agitating when you see fit, as decarb is done, you are only trying to get it into solution. Place sugar onto two large tray pans. Pour solution over sugar, distributing well and not over-saturating. Allow to dry for a couple of days, breaking it apart and stirring occasionally. When dry, run through sifter snd store in jars.

8 Likes

is there a way to make infused sugar without drinkable alcohol? long story short, im 20 months sober and don’t feel comfortable working with my kryptonite. flip side is canna sugar is versitle, used in many ways. i’d like to make some and experiment. my best thought is to have a friend make the sugar for me though.

4 Likes

I don’t know of any other ‘solvent’ that would do the job and leave no trace. All of the alcohol is completely evaporated.

If you are concerned about your personal thing, then definitely have a friend do it as it is a great product when finished.

4 Likes

Ah cannabis tequila brings back fond memories of what we call “moer” coffee on the fire and early morning hikes. We would add a shot to our coffee, for a little bit extra energy in the mornings.

I found this page which has some really interesting documentaries about cannabis oil. Have a great Friday.

5 Likes

I only use the wet towel so the mason jar doesn’t roll around when I shift it around in the oven.

4 Likes

@greenbert you mentioned Iso as possibly being a safe alternative, and i guess it is… but not so much for ingestion. you just have to be EXTREMELY thorough and careful. found this an illuminating read:

2 Likes

i’d like to know more bout this though… can you explain the process a lil more in depth? i use a crockpot for most of my infusions, but i’m not sure what you mean by blended or reduced, and most infusions i’ve done have been a minimum of 4 to 6 hours, curious that this is 2 hours. need deets lol

1 Like

Because the kief has been decarboxylated before the infusion process, it only needs to be brought into solution. The honey rapidly agitates on low in a crock pot (sugar boils at a lower temp) so does not need to be agitated as long to release the oil into suspension from the decarbed kief. After I see a noticeable color change, I then (while still on heat) take a dual mixer (standard old cake batter mixer) and whip the honey WITH the kief still in it for an hour. Then let it rest on heat. While warm, I pour it through a fine filter.

Any kief that does not dissolve/get smoothly beaten into the honey will stay behind in the filter (usually just a a small amount, a tablespoon or two) and that gets used in cooking recipes that call for honey.

3 Likes

Oh, thank you @wow_arizona ! i understand now, and i think ima try that next. even bought some local honey to try. i was waiting to hear how you had shortened the process lol, everything i looked up was more complicated and at least 4 to 6 hours. if i used chopped (or maybe ground) flower, would it be about the same because of the filtering? and thank you for gettin back to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ground flower will work fine (have done it in the past) just expect to have a little more ‘grit’ in the filtered product.

Decarb!

2 Likes

ALSO, REALLY IMPORTANT!

Do NOT cook your honey too long or on a high temp. It WILL carmelize and get hard, as well as convert your decarbed THC to CBN

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, just bought some!

1 Like

awesome, thank you. i always decarb, i learned through experimenting. my first year or 2 were all non-decarbed, and i now KNOW the difference, on a personal level lol. i got unprocessed raw honey from a local, so here’s hoping for the best. boiling a deer skull cap today, maybe i’ll make the honey tomorrow when lil guy is at school.

1 Like

Any tips, helpful hints, recipes?

2 Likes

Just make it like any other oil or butter I use 1 ounce of flower to one cup of butter/oil. As far as making the chocolate it is super simple. Buy some quality chocolate, I buy bulk Belgian chocolate off Amazon. You mix it 2 ounces of chocolate to 1 ounce of infused cocoa butter. The taste is absolutely killer and the buzz usually comes on fast and hard. A little tip for you in case you didn’t know it when consuming gummy‘s or chocolates if you melt them in your mouth instead of chewing them up and eating them you will get a stronger effect and a much faster affect. You absorb the cannabinoids through the glands in your mouth, much like putting nitro pill under your tongue if you’re having a heart attack.

8 Likes

i knew that MCT oils could be taken sublingually, under the tongue like you described, but i didn’t know that about gummies and chocolates, thank you!

2 Likes

By the time I dissolve the chocolate in my mouth my whole body tingles. Love it I don’t get too much of a head buzz from edibles but if I puffer little bit with an edible, yeah definitely enhances it.:+1:t3:

5 Likes

i don’t get much, if anything, off of edibles. the term i guess is “ediblocked” and i came across it in my experiments about 6 or 8 months back. on that note though, i found an edible lays what i call “the groundwork” for a great high through the day if i smoke with it. like the edible enhances the smoking buzz. maybe it’s wishful thinking, or maybe not. more tests (and test subjects, MWAHAHAHAHAA) are needed. it would be kool to find half a dozen people who edibles effect in a general manner and say 5 more whom identify as ediblocked (cus im part of this too, so 12 people total) making video journals or something, but collaborating to share personal experience and dosages… sorry, i get carried away. i love my science. the book that got me into extractions, for instance:

6 Likes